ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M waiting for 4 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tyrion463
Newly Registered

FLR-M waiting for 4 months

Post by tyrion463 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi,

My wife applied to switch FLM Child dependant to FLM spouse in November 29 2020 (within UK).

After 2 months we received an email saying it’s missing consent forms but we are sure we scanned them anyway we sent those back and not it’s been two months after that still nothing.

Raised with MP and raised a complaint with home office still no use.

I heard people saying one day appointments are open now, are we able to withdraw application and Go for the one day appointment ?

We are in a situation where need to travel to India for medical purpose, the other choice we have is travel to
India and apply from there as I see it’s faster from india.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR-M waiting for 4 months

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:19 pm

I heard people saying one day appointments are open now, are we able to withdraw application and Go for the one day appointment ?
Super priority service is not available for FLR M routes at present. Also, as the last visa has already expired, based on your previous posts, if you withdraw the current application, your wife will be an overstayer.
We are in a situation where need to travel to India for medical purpose, the other choice we have is travel to
India and apply from there as I see it’s faster from india.
It is not necessarily quicker from India. It could take in excess of 90 working days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tyrion463
Newly Registered

Re: FLR-M waiting for 4 months

Post by tyrion463 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:33 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Will the overstayer status further cause any issues if we do go to india and apply ?

She needs to stay for 3 months at-least for the treatment
In india, so hoping we can get visa within this period if not she has to wait there but the problem is our son who
Is a British citizen will also needs to stay with her as she is the cater for him.

I’ve submitted all the documents not sure why it’s taking this long.