ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed Complicated case

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

Self Employed Complicated case

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi friends.Mine case is bit complicated than the normal selfemployed persons.I'm working as an independent freelancer from India for Some online Internet jobwork in US and UK.I'm getting my sallary as per my work in my savings account thru wire transfer.I was filing the ITR of very less value to save tax in india.But according to my saving account transaction i'm eligible for 45 marks for BAND D country which includes India.
Pls guide me how to show my earnings?Because they require two source of documents for Income.According to One lawyer I can submit Invoices of the jobwork+Bank statements for the same(Which justifies two sources).According to him no ITR required.Is it correct?Need help from VISA Gurus......Want to apply next week.

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

help needed

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 am

Pls help me out.

coolguyIndia

Re: help needed

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:19 am

Hello,

If u manage to get pay slips or equivalent for your freelance work and show the same amount in your account then you have a good chance. Remember BHC asks for atleast 2 genuine proofs those are original... Pay Slips or equivalent in addition to Bank statements would suffice. IMO going through a consultant, one who has dealt with similar case would give you better idea.

Also remember probability of approval coming through depends on quality of the evidence you provide, for example dates of the transactions, amount of the transactions should match with pay slips / invoices with Bank statements. If there is lot of miss match, or even few then your chances would reduce. This is my opinion, seniors can add more.....

Hope above helps...

Regards
tier1visa_2008 wrote:Pls help me out.
Thanks & Best Regards

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:54 am

Thanks coolguyIndia for ur valuable advice.I have invoices for the job work that i can show and matches with the transaction of my bank account .
Requesting seniors for their comments.

coolguyIndia

Re: Thanks

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:24 am

Great, if you want then u can verify with BHC by sending them an e-mail, normally they do reply to queries in decent time... IMO They are the most competent people to advice u on this matter....

Regards

tier1visa_2008 wrote:Thanks coolguyIndia for ur valuable advice.I have invoices for the job work that i can show and matches with the transaction of my bank account .
Requesting seniors for their comments.
Thanks & Best Regards

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

accountant statement

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 am

hi coolguyIndia should i submit bank statement and letter from the CA or accountant (Balance sheet)stating that this amount is credited in my account for my jobwork.I think it'll be according to the guidelines given for Income proof.
Pls suggest.

coolguyIndia

Re: accountant statement

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:01 pm

I have very limited knowledge of letters from CAs for salary... let someone, who has used letters from CA post there coments...

Regards
tier1visa_2008 wrote:hi coolguyIndia should i submit bank statement and letter from the CA or accountant (Balance sheet)stating that this amount is credited in my account for my jobwork.I think it'll be according to the guidelines given for Income proof.
Pls suggest.
Thanks & Best Regards

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

need help

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:23 am

Seniors need ur comments.Where is mr.Mehta?Pls help.

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

no response

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 am

no response from seniors.Pls advise.

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

no help

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 pm

i think i need to close this thread .not getting any help from this discussion forum.

mayana

????

Post by mayana » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Dear Tier1_2008,
Self employement extension is most time very complex due to the fact that each case is unique and more so depending on individual circumstances but my adviced is that take pain to search through the forum and send private msg to forum member with similar experiences you may be luck to find a someone..Pls try link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=31262 (Pencilin) although it been quite a while it posted a reply...I think he is busy with his EC...Good luck

Mayana

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks Mayana.I tried to contact pencillin but i think he is not willing to help.He replied to my mail but didn't provide the details.People are getting help from this forum but are not willing to help others.....Real professionals.....

republique
BANNED

Re: thanks

Post by republique » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:15 pm

tier1visa_2008 wrote:Thanks Mayana.I tried to contact pencillin but i think he is not willing to help.He replied to my mail but didn't provide the details.People are getting help from this forum but are not willing to help others.....Real professionals.....
Excuse me. It is not our profession to help you. We all have are own jobs and responsbilities and one of them is not you.
Further, I draw your attention to the choice you made to become self employed. There are responsiblities associated with them and if you are not up for the task then don't come in here expecting us to sort you out especially when your deadline is one week.

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Thanks for the comments"republique - thin ice -" Why r u putting ur head in?If u 'd have written 2-3 lines as advice that would be beneficial for me not ur lecture.If u r getting something from here then you should give it too.Thats what i was trying to say,but ur taking it in wrong way.
Anyways someone will surely help me but no help required from u.Go away.

republique
BANNED

Re: thanks

Post by republique » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:18 pm

tier1visa_2008 wrote:Thanks for the comments"republique - thin ice -" Why r u putting ur head in?If u 'd have written 2-3 lines as advice that would be beneficial for me not ur lecture.If u r getting something from here then you should give it too.Thats what i was trying to say,but ur taking it in wrong way.
Anyways someone will surely help me but no help required from u.Go away.
Since you asked because I normally respond to self employed questions as i am myself , thusIi very much contribute, thank you very much. And for you to comment about getting and giving. Thats rich, newbie. Exactly what have you contributed? Further advice isn't just about giving you an answer, some advice is to educate yourself. You know the proverb about give a man a fish, he is fed for a day, teach him to fish, he is fed for life. In your instance, I could figure it out if I wanted to spend lots of time on it. I don't. As it is your issue, I suggest it behooves you to figure it out for yourself because it isn't a regular issue. However I am pretty sure if you used the search function, there is enough data from previous post for you to either figure it out or point you in the right direction. As no one has responded to you so far at least with the info you need so I think it is pretty clear, you need to get a move on and not got irritated that I report to you what the writing is on the wall.
Last edited by republique on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks for ur reply.I keep my ego in my pocket.

jhonny
Newly Registered

Post by jhonny » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:46 am

Hi

I've a similar case and I'm using these docs for showing my freelance work:

Letter from client (that I did work and he paid by so and so means)
Western Union slips for some work
PayPal statements for some other work
Bank Statements - amount being transferred
I used ODesk and Elance for work - I'm putting their statements too

Lastly, I'm putting my invoice on a letter head with my stamp and giving some of my legal tax details. An accountant letter is there too.

You got to get case worker into trust bcoz verifying the freelance docs is a pain in mule. And they might reject if it feels difficult. This is what I think putting myself in their brains. :)
tier1visa_2008 wrote:Thanks for ur reply.I keep my ego in my pocket.

jhonny
Newly Registered

Post by jhonny » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:47 am

Hi

I've a similar case and I'm using these docs for showing my freelance work:

Letter from client (that I did work and he paid by so and so means)
Western Union slips for some work
PayPal statements for some other work
Bank Statements - amount being transferred
I used ODesk and Elance for work - I'm putting their statements too

Lastly, I'm putting my invoice on a letter head with my stamp and giving some of my legal tax details. An accountant letter is there too.

You got to get case worker into trust bcoz verifying the freelance docs is a pain in mule. And they might reject if it feels difficult. This is what I think putting myself in their brains. :)
tier1visa_2008 wrote:Thanks for ur reply.I keep my ego in my pocket.

jhonny
Newly Registered

Freelance Documents for Tier1

Post by jhonny » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:48 am

Arranging all the docs is going to be cumbersome though. Good luck. :)

tier1visa_2008
Newly Registered

docs

Post by tier1visa_2008 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:11 am

yes its better to provide all financial statements that we are having with us.I also provided bank statements and letter from accountant matching all the transactions in the both.Lets see what happens?All the best for you.