ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much importance does justification to stay in UK have on the ILR appljcation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Honest_citizen
Newly Registered
India

How much importance does justification to stay in UK have on the ILR appljcation

Post by Honest_citizen » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:38 am

Hello

I applied for my ILR based on 10 years long residence route. However, on the form accidentally I’ve kept the field ‘Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK’ as blank. How much of an impact will that have on the decision to grant me ILR?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How much importance does justification to stay in UK have on the ILR appljcation

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:39 am

Honest_citizen wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:38 am
Hello

I applied for my ILR based on 10 years long residence route. However, on the form accidentally I’ve kept the field ‘Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK’ as blank. How much of an impact will that have on the decision to grant me ILR?

Thanks
No impact. You do NOT have any other reason than private life. Keep it blank
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Re: How much importance does justification to stay in UK have on the ILR appljcation

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:47 am

That question is essentially for estoppel.

It precludes you from raising/adding further reasons for you to be allowed to remain in the UK at a later appeal or administrative review.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.