ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Question- Biometrics Tomorrow

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial Requirement: Savings

Post by s9k9 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:46 pm

Hi I want to move some money to a easy access cash account to meet the 'cash savings' route (due in 6.5months) for irl application.

I know the account has to be:

1. Finantional institution, regulated by an appropriate regulating body.
2. Cash account.

I'm not sure how to check the proposed account meet these points?

https://www.nsandi.com/direct-saver

Can anyone advise
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirement: Savings

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:54 pm

s9k9 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:46 pm
Hi I want to move some money to a easy access cash account to meet the 'cash savings' route (due in 6.5months) for irl application.

I know the account has to be:

1. Finantional institution, regulated by an appropriate regulating body.
2. Cash account.

I'm not sure how to check the proposed account meet these points?

https://www.nsandi.com/direct-saver

Can anyone advise
Thanks
1. https://register.fca.org.uk/s/search?ty ... nvestments+

2. Fine
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by s9k9 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks!

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Processing Times?

Post by s9k9 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi my spouse will be applying for ilr later in the year.
I was planning on using the super priority option to get the result on the day. But now have read this has stopped, with some people possibly being offered a app instead of an appointment.

Either way my question is dose that mean everyone application will be processed on the Standard Service of 8 weeks to 6 months?

Wouldn't the current leave to remain of elapsed if you are forced to wait for this period?

Thanks

saliame
Pakistan

Re: Processing Times?

Post by saliame » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Hi,

Currently Priority and Super priority services are not being offered due to COVID backlog, but as you say you plan to apply end of the year, so they may well be backup by then, but no one actually knows at the moment when they will be back.

For standard service it is said it may take upto six months, but usually people get responses in two months even recently some users on this forum got in a month, but due to some complex applications it is said it may go over 6 months, again depends on each application.

Lastly, once you apply before end of expiry of your current visa/leave you will be covered by section 3c which means your leave will be extended with same conditions on your visa as when you applied until you get a decision on you new application i.e ILR in your case.

Kr,

S

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:27 pm

saliame wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Your leave will be extended with same conditions on your visa as when you applied until you get a decision on you new application i.e ILR in your case.

Kr,

S
Apologies if I was unclear in the last part, you will remain on your whatever visa you are on when you applied for ILR, until you have a decision on your ILR application. Hope this makes sense.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:54 pm

s9k9 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 pm
Hi my spouse will be applying for ilr later in the year.
I was planning on using the super priority option to get the result on the day. But now have read this has stopped, with some people possibly being offered a app instead of an appointment.

Either way my question is dose that mean everyone application will be processed on the Standard Service of 8 weeks to 6 months?

Wouldn't the current leave to remain of elapsed if you are forced to wait for this period?

Thanks
Priority visa processing is NOT offered by UKVI at this moment. When you apply before your visa expiry (you apply in-time), your legal stay and visa conditions are automatically extended after your visa lapses under section 3C of Immigration Act 1971, until a decision is made on that in-time application. This is to prevent migrants from becoming overstayers
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by s9k9 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks very much great info

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Completing Application

Post by s9k9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi dose anyone know if its okay to open the online IRL application and start filling in the online ILR question form a couple of months before the submission date? (as long as you dont submit it). I wanted to start collating the info for the answers. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Completing Application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Yes, you can. Just sign in at least every 2/3 weeks otherwise it may get deleted after 6-10 weeks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Yes. The website/form will tell you how long it (the details you fill in) will be saved for (From memory - I think it is something like 10 weeks or so, but do check)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by s9k9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:34 pm

OK thanks

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Few ILR questions

Post by s9k9 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Hi I will be applying for my wives IRL (SET M, Spouse) in roughly a months time, in accordance with the following calculation, which I think is correct.

1st FLR granted 30/03/2016 + 60 months = 30/03/2021 – 28 days = 02/03/21

I have a few queries and wondered if anyone can advise please?

1. We are relying on cash savings to meet the financial requirement, will one six month itemised posted statement from NS&I cash savings account suffice, (they don’t send monthly statements). Also this wont need to be stampped rite?

2. Should I write a declaration stating the source of the savings? And do I need to provide proof? (its from my salary).

3. We live with a relative in a three bedroom house, they own the house and I was planning to provide; a letting from them permitting our residence at the property, their council tax bill, deeds, passport and a photo of the house and room etc.- Will this suffice?

4. Do I the sponsor have to photocopy every page of my current passport and my old passport (expired 2 years ago) for upload.

Thankyou

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Few ILR questions

Post by s9k9 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi can anyone help with any of my queries?

Thanks

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:15 am

s9k9 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 pm
I have a few queries and wondered if anyone can advise please?
You should be able to find posts from others with similar circumstances, with advice from those who know the rules better than I, but my understanding of the rules is below.
s9k9 wrote:
1. We are relying on cash savings to meet the financial requirement, will one six month itemised posted statement from NS&I cash savings account suffice, (they don’t send monthly statements). Also this wont need to be stampped rite?
One six month posted statement, or downloaded statement should be fine. But, it has to be dated within 1 month of your application. So if your statement is from 1 January, it would be too old now and you would need to request another from the bank to cover from 1 January until now (or within a month of application date) and send both.
s9k9 wrote:
2. Should I write a declaration stating the source of the savings? And do I need to provide proof? (its from my salary).
Yes, if the account is yours, you need to write a declaration. A simple statement that the savings are from your salary saved over time should be good. You just have to provide the declaration, not proof.
s9k9 wrote:
3. We live with a relative in a three bedroom house, they own the house and I was planning to provide; a letting from them permitting our residence at the property, their council tax bill, deeds, passport and a photo of the house and room etc.- Will this suffice?
Have you filled out the application? It should say what is required. I don't think you would need to provide all of that. I think the document checklist will say something like:
  • Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
  • Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there
  • Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
So a letter from them, proof of their ownership (deed?), copy of photo page of their passport should meet those requirements.
s9k9 wrote:
4. Do I the sponsor have to photocopy every page of my current passport and my old passport (expired 2 years ago) for upload.
I think the application only asks for your current passport as "Evidence of YOUR NAME's settled status in the UK". Some people say just the photo page is sufficient, others scan every page.

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by s9k9 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:22 pm

Dantean thanks for taking time to reply, really appreciated the informatitive info.

:)

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cat D- Cash Savings Level of Detail Required?

Post by s9k9 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Hello,
Can anyone advise the level of detail required when replying on Cash Savings alone to meet the financial requirement for my spouse?

I have completed a signed declaration, stating the savings have been accrued from paid employment and have a 6 months posted bank statement.

Do I need to provide a paper trail illustrating my savings accumulating? Will this do any harm or is it lightly to cause confusion?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Dantean

Re: Cat D- Cash Savings Level of Detail Required?

Post by Dantean » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:25 pm

Other posts have said not to include information they haven't specifically asked for to avoid confusion. They ask for the 6 months of statements, and a declaration of the source, so that should be sufficient.

A related post:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/declaring-so ... l#p1982857

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Cat D- Cash Savings Level of Detail Required?

Post by s9k9 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 pm

Danteen, thanks again for the clarity

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application Questions- Few queries

Post by s9k9 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi we are in the middle of completing our application and i have a couple of questions and wondered of anyone can advise? (we are on the 5 year SET M route)

1. How long have you lived in the UK- - Should we include the period my wife stayed in the uk as a fiancé, on a fiancé visa in this calculation ? (we transferred in the UK to a spouse visa)

2. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? - Does this include family (which we have already listed in the the previous question), if so should i list them all again for this question?

Thanks in advance!

s9k9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Quick Question- Biometrics Tomorrow

Post by s9k9 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi, I uploaded all my documents for ILR via Sopra Steria UKVCAS online portal, but the email invite prior to attending my biometrics appointment gives me the option to bring my supporting documents.

Do you have to bring these if you have already uploaded them?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Quick Question- Biometrics Tomorrow

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:09 am

s9k9 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:24 pm
Hi, I uploaded all my documents for ILR via Sopra Steria UKVCAS online portal, but the email invite prior to attending my biometrics appointment gives me the option to bring my supporting documents.

Do you have to bring these if you have already uploaded them?

Thanks
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice