ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i have permanent resident in france and applyed for UK PR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

i have permanent resident in france and applyed for UK PR

Post by joelondon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 am

;)
Last edited by joelondon on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 am

OK you have PR status in France, but I can't see that enables to to get PR status in the UK.

Nothing to stop you, of course, applying for an EEA Family Permit, if you qualify, moving to the UK, then applying for a 5-year Residence Card, and then in due course getting your UK PR.

There is nothing in the EU regulations that enables someone to transfer their PR status from one EU country to another.
John

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:54 am

John wrote:OK you have PR status in France, but I can't see that enables to to get PR status in the UK.

Nothing to stop you, of course, applying for an EEA Family Permit, if you qualify, moving to the UK, then applying for a 5-year Residence Card, and then in due course getting your UK PR.

There is nothing in the EU regulations that enables someone to transfer their PR status from one EU country to another.
Actually there is but the UK is not participating.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:13 pm

John wrote:OK you have PR status in France, but I can't see that enables to to get PR status in the UK.

hi john thanks for the reply ...but my question was :

i got married in the uk on 2003 with my french wife , and we lived there till 2008 i had the resident permit of 5 years , before applying for the PR in the uk , we moved to france and applyed for the PR in france so i got my resident card of france ,in the mean time i went back to the uk before my resident permit expired , and i applyed using the form EEA4 for the PR as my wife got her in september 2007 becoz she was in the UK on sept 2002.....now my question is that i dont want to transfer any of the residency. i want to keep both . would u think that now the uk can find out that i have the PR in france ? and vis ver ca ? thanks for any help

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:23 pm

actually there is but the UK is not participating.[/quote]

do u think its possible to have 2 PR in 2 different country ...i ve lived in the uk for 5 years and before applying for the PR i want back to france for 1 month and applyed for the PR in france as resident in france with my wife ...but we didnt move anything like pappers or statement ...so i went back to london as like i was in hollidays in france..and now is the time to apply for the PR in uk ..is it possible to have both and travel to any of the country using THE NON-EU country ? for exsample if i want to go to france i will have first to go to marroco form the uk and then from marroco to france and vise ver ca ?i mean as i have 2 PR first i use the french PR to entre france and the UK PR to entre UK but from Marroco. thanks for any help

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:13 pm

joelondon wrote:actually there is but the UK is not participating.

do u think its possible to have 2 PR in 2 different country ...i ve lived in the uk for 5 years and before applying for the PR i want back to france for 1 month and applyed for the PR in france as resident in france with my wife ...but we didnt move anything like pappers or statement ...so i went back to london as like i was in hollidays in france..and now is the time to apply for the PR in uk ..is it possible to have both and travel to any of the country using THE NON-EU country ? for exsample if i want to go to france i will have first to go to marroco form the uk and then from marroco to france and vise ver ca ?i mean as i have 2 PR first i use the french PR to entre france and the UK PR to entre UK but from Marroco. thanks for any help[/quote]what is your citizenship. why do you have to go to moraco before going to france?

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:43 pm

republique wrote:

. why do you have to go to moraco before going to france?
i'm marrocain citizen , with the resident permit of 5 years in uk and PR of france ...i got married in uk and live in the uk... but hold the PR of france too....in the police passport control in france if i show them the PR of england ,they may ask me why i do have 2 PR...so what i want to do is travel from france to marroco with my french PR and then while i'm in marroco i will travel to UK with THe UK PR ...simple noo..like this neather both country knows about the other ..that i m holding 2 residency ...in 2 differant country

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm

joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:

i'm marrocain citizen , with the resident permit of 5 years in uk and PR of france ...i got married in uk and live in the uk... but hold the PR of france too....in the police passport control in france if i show them the PR of england ,they may ask me why i do have 2 PR...so what i want to do is travel from france to marroco with my french PR and then while i'm in marroco i will travel to UK with THe UK PR ...simple noo..like this neather both country knows about the other ..that i m holding 2 residency ...in 2 differant country
The French? I doubt it. I thought from the UK, they give you a card for PR based on EEA. I think it is fine to have both but this is a grey area because of how the Uk doesnt participate in reciprocity so to me it is a necessary evil. Although I would have applied for the UK pr residency first but do you have UK PR now?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:10 pm

republique wrote:Actually there is but the UK is not participating.
I have just perused the EU DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC. Sorry I am failing to spot any mention of what you are suggesting.

So could you be more specific please? What Article are you suggesting gives the right for PR to be transferred from one member state to another?
John

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:18 pm

John wrote:
republique wrote:Actually there is but the UK is not participating.
I have just perused the EU DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC. Sorry I am failing to spot any mention of what you are suggesting.

So could you be more specific please? What Article are you suggesting gives the right for PR to be transferred from one member state to another?
http://www.diyexpat.com/visa%20guide/eupermres.html

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Republique, many thanks for that. But as you say above, three member states not participating in that ...... UK, Ireland and Denmark.
John

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:45 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:

The French? I doubt it. I thought from the UK, they give you a card for PR based on EEA. I think it is fine to have both but this is a grey area because of how the Uk doesnt participate in reciprocity so to me it is a necessary evil. Although I would have applied for the UK pr residency first but do you have UK PR now?

hey i applyed in june 2008 for the Uk PR and still waiting for an answer ...so what do u think about my case ...when i will get the UK PR how i can manage to keep both ...i'm just talking about police control in the airport ...is it gona be fine or no ...?

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 pm

joelondon wrote:
hey i applyed in june 2008 for the Uk PR and still waiting for an answer ...so what do u think about my case ...when i will get the UK PR how i can manage to keep both ...i'm just talking about police control in the airport ...is it gona be fine or no ...?
what would the fine be for?

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:27 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
in the police comtrol they will not ask me if i enter uk from france ? showing france the french PR and UK PR in my passport ? plz help

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:59 pm

joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
in the police comtrol they will not ask me if i enter uk from france ? showing france the french PR and UK PR in my passport ? plz help
why would they?

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:06 pm

[why would they?[/quote]

becoz UK regulation say that if u want to get an other PR in other EU country , you will lose the right to reside in th UK ...i dont know if its right or no

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:08 pm

John wrote:Republique, many thanks for that. But as you say above, three member states not participating in that ...... UK, Ireland and Denmark.

do u think the same ...m'i right to have 2 different PR in 2 different countrys ...plz let me know ..as i read on the HO web site saying that i will lose the right to reside in the uk if i try to reside in other country even if the uk is not part of the shengen area ...

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:09 pm

joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:why would they?

becoz UK regulation say that if u want to get an other PR in other EU country , you will lose the right to reside in th UK ...i dont know if its right or no
yeah you show me where it says that.
I Dont react to these i heard this or that nonsense anymore
Last edited by republique on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:[why would they?

yeah you show me where it says that.
I Dont react to these i heard this or that nonsense anymore[/quote]

hey rep how we doing
my question is i have the permanent resident card in france wich mean i can travel all shengen country (europ) without visa ...thas fine but as uk u need a visa to entre it ...i ve been living in the uk for 5 years and i'm applying now for the PR ...my question is ...the home office will knows automaticly that i'm already resident in one of the eu country ...as uk is not shengen and i dont want to apply for the visa evry time i want to go to the uk ...i want to get the UK PR as i'm intitled to it...then as uk is one of the eu country but no one the shengen country ..is it fine to have both of them ???

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:05 pm

hi john !!!

as the permanent resident of france is a card and the UK PR is a vignette on your passport ...i'm only worry about police control in the airport ...if i want to go to london from france i have to show both resident , prouve for the french that i wasnt illegal in france and then the visa for the uk ....
did u understand me ? plzzzzzzzz

freon21

hey

Post by freon21 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:29 pm

wait for your uk PR get british passport and your problem is solved.
You cannot be resident permanently in 2 different countries.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: hey

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:33 pm

freon21 wrote:wait for your uk PR get british passport and your problem is solved.
You cannot be resident permanently in 2 different countries.

i'm waiting for my UK PR ,and i'm resident in france too, when u have the UK PR you are intitled to leave the uk no more than 2 years , so i believe that i can keep to permanent resident ..!!