ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit rules

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Work Permit rules

Post by ukmvenkat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:16 am

My friend got a job thru an agency. He has undergone all the recruitment process. Now his work permit got rejected and the letter sent to the employer says the following reasons for the rejection.

"- We are not satisfied that you have carried out a recruitment exercise
- the recruitment efforts were approriate for the job on offer
you have used recruitment agencies, but there is no evidence that they advertised the post. It appears that they merely consulted their own database of candidates."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventhough the agency has advertised this job on internet, the work permit got rejected with the above reason. My friend has got all the mails received from agency such as interview appointment, offer details etc.

Please let me know what are all the documents the employer needs to submit to appeal OR do the employer need to file again new WP1.

Appreciate an early response on this.

Many Thanks.

republique
BANNED

Re: Work Permit rules

Post by republique » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 am

ukmvenkat wrote:My friend got a job thru an agency. He has undergone all the recruitment process. Now his work permit got rejected and the letter sent to the employer says the following reasons for the rejection.

"- We are not satisfied that you have carried out a recruitment exercise
- the recruitment efforts were approriate for the job on offer
you have used recruitment agencies, but there is no evidence that they advertised the post. It appears that they merely consulted their own database of candidates."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventhough the agency has advertised this job on internet, the work permit got rejected with the above reason. My friend has got all the mails received from agency such as interview appointment, offer details etc.

Please let me know what are all the documents the employer needs to submit to appeal OR do the employer need to file again new WP1.

Appreciate an early response on this.

Many Thanks.
umm the rules make clear what the HO expects in terms of advertising. internet is not sufficient. probably some newspaper ads were necessary. anyway the agency should contact the ho to find out what it needs to do

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Advertising requirements depend on the job - the idea is to choose a medium that is suitable for reaching resident workers who could do the job. There is scope for the employer to explain on the WP1 form why they chose a particular medium (e.g. previous success in using it, broad reach, hits per day on a recruitment website etc.). The WP1 guidance specifically asks the employer to give this explanation where internet advertising as been used.

The "occupation sheets" for different jobs usually say what kind of advertising is considered appropriate. Agency searches from within an existing list are rarely suitable.

The caseworker guidance on advertising refers to "a widely used recruitment website where similar vacancies are advertised by other employers".

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... aseworker/

If the employer didn't submit proper details of the search/advert with the original application, they can't submit extra details with a review request, because this is "new information". They can make a new application relying on the old advertising if they are confident they can explain that it was suitable.