ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU resident cards

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jimmybones100

EU resident cards

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if our biometric EU resident cards are still valid for travel in Europe with our wives or partners or we need to get Shenghen visa now?
Thanks .

seekingadvice87

Re: EU resident cards

Post by seekingadvice87 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Yes still valid to travel with card until 30/6/21 but since January you now need visa for Europe if your non EU passport requires visa to Europe

secret.simon

Re: EU resident cards

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:14 pm

If you have a BRP issued under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will definitely require a visa to travel to the EU if your passport requires one, as the EU Settlement Scheme is issued under domestic UK law and not EU law.

The UK is no longer listed in the LIST OF RESIDENCE PERMITS ISSUED BY MEMBER STATES document on the European Commission website. So I presume that EEA Residence Cards issued by the UK before 31st December 2020 are no longer valid on their own for travel to the EU.

However, if your spouse is an EEA citizen, you should be able to apply for a free visa to any EEA member-state of which they are not a citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.