ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays Bank Statement - 28 days rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmz27

Urgent ILR Application Questions help

Post by rmz27 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:21 am

Hey Guys, my wife is currently submitting her application and has a few questions:-

In the Spouse / Partner details section - Is this is mainly about the sponsor (me) there is a question in the Relationship details:

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership with another person?

She has put No as she is not married to any body else and is only married to me. Is this correct? Also another question which is confusing her is the below:-

Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership?

This question could it apply to me as I have been previously married and divorced? So does she put my previous marriage details or is this mainly about the applicant?

I would appreciate if you someone can reply back and advise as she is getting abit confused with it.

vinny

Re: Urgent ILR Application Questions help

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:03 am

Who does the “you” refer to? The Applicant or the partner?

The old withdrawn paper version seems clearer.
Are either you or your partner currently married or in a civil partnership with another person?
Have you or your partner previously been married or in a civil partnership?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 am

Thats the thing it’s weird the way its worded. Mainly its been ‘You’ as the applicant through out the application and then questions about partner / sponsor and then back to applicant again.

Before getting these questions there was a question on the application form in the spouse/partner relationship section

Has your partner been previously married before? along those lines! My wife said Yes to it and then the questions which I have mentioned above. So should I let my wife the applicant know to put my (sponsor) previous marriage details on the section which ask for it.

Why change the wording its so stupid! keep it simple!

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:09 am

For the question:-

I have told my wife the applicant to put my previous marriage details and divorce details as the Sponsor / Partner. That should be okay?. As there is no section to mention this its literally the last section headed under ‘Relationship details’

As she hasn't been in a previous relationship dont want to make her application more confusing when HO look at this.

rmz27

Error Made on ILR (Set M) application for

Post by rmz27 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi guys my wife has submitted her ILR application form and one the questions :-

My wife has put my previous marriage details on there but because she wasn’t aware it was either addressed to her or me, she has put in brackets (sponsor previous marriage) and then the details for my previous marriage name, date etc...

Just so if the UKVI case worker thought it was her, the question itself should be worded better.

She has written a cover letter explaining this little error, I hope this wont affect the application slightly worried now tbh!!

Let me Know what you think of the beta version of the letter below:-

Dear UKVI Caseworker,

I have applied for Indefinite leave to Remain and just wanted to clarify a simple mistake made on the application form.

Under the section ‘Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership’ I have put my partners previous marriage details and have accidently but in brackets (sponsors previous marriage) as I was unsure if this was addressed to myself the applicant or sponsor.

I can confirm I have not been in a previous marriage or civil partnership, and my only marriage has been with my partner.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Error Made on ILR (Set M) application for

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:04 pm

It has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:14 pm

Ahhhh perfect thank you for this, shall i still send cover letter to be on the safe side?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:48 pm

rmz27 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:14 pm
Ahhhh perfect thank you for this, shall i still send cover letter to be on the safe side?
Up to you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rmz27

Barclays Bank Statement - 28 days rule

Post by rmz27 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi guys, I am in abit of a dilemma regarding my Barclays Bank statement.

I requested Barclays to sent to me my bank statement from September 2020 to March 2021, they sent statements in the post for September 2020 up until February 2021, as the March bank statement wasn't generated until 24/03/2021, So I asked Barclays if they can send the March 2021 in the post and they said that's fine they will, but the colleague who told me they will send it forgot to press a button on his system so it sends it out to me!!! So now they have resent it and will take 5-7 working days for them to reach me.

My wife has her ILR bio-metric appointment on 09/04, I can see my March 2021 statement is available online would I need to get this stamped by the branch. As the statement sent in the post has numbers on the side off each page and a QR code on all the pages, I guess to confirm its certified. Where as the online statement doesn’t have that

If I get my March 2021 stamped by the branch or printed out in the self service checkout would that still be okay? I'm just worried the statement will be going over the 28 day rule as I submitted the online application on 28/03/2021.

I got my March wage on 18/03/2021 and the bank statement was available from 24/03/2021 on my online banking.

I have the following letters which I needed for my wifes ILR and the dates they were made:-

Letter of Employment - 8th March 2021
Accommodation Letter for living by parents - 18th March 2021
Wages Slips genuine letter - 18th March 2021
Housing Inspection letter - 18th March 2021
Declaration Form - signed by Partner - 20th March 2021
Consent Form PART 1 - 20th March 2021
Consent Form PART 2 - 20th March 2021
Mosque letter confirming previous marriage - 21st March 2021

And as the application was done on 28th March 2021, I believe they are all under 28 days? Its just really frustrating Barclays bank have screwed me over like

If I print the bank statement on the self service machine the date would show 08/04/2021 the day I printed it, as I have next thursday off and only day I can do anything, that wont cause problems will it?

Apologies for the long post!!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Barclays Bank Statement - 28 days rule

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Use online statements. They are accepted

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:48 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 pm
Ive heard many people say its not and it needs to be stamped etc? Is there any proof from UKVI that online statements are accepted now? Just dont want to get caught out and the ILR application is refused.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 am

rmz27 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:48 am
Zimba wrote:
Ive heard many people say its not and it needs to be stamped etc? Is there any proof from UKVI that online statements are accepted now? Just dont want to get caught out and the ILR application is refused.
All evidence submitted is now digital. So there is no difference between scanned statements and online statements

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:36 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 am
rmz27 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:48 am
Zimba wrote:
All evidence submitted is now digital. So there is no difference between scanned statements and online statements
If I use my online Barclays bank statements do I need to go into the bank and get them stamped? Or is that not needed? Just abit cautious as I dont want my wifes ILR to be refused because of it.

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:19 am

just a quick question I went into my Barclays bank this morning, and they told me to print the statement from the self-service area as the counters are closed! When I printed my March statement on the bottom of the page it has says Certified copy (which is all fine and dandy) but has todays date 03/04/2021 and self service machine that I printed it on?

Will that cause any problems as my wife's application ILR was submitted online on 28/03/2021?

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Follow up post:-

I just realised Barclays havent sent my February 2021 bank statement (24/02/2021 - 09/03/2021) in the post!! I should have printed this today when I was at the bank (which I printed the 10/03/2021 - 24/03/2021) but only realised now. I will have to print it again using the self service machine but it will have the date of 08/04/2021 as thats when I am off next.

I hope that shouldnt be a problem!! All my wage slips meet the dates in my account. Is this something to be worried about.

Any advice would be appreciated

rmz27

Post by rmz27 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Any help guys? would appreciate it