ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

~!~ GOING TO APPLY FOR ILR ~!~, I NEED SOME HELP WITH DOCUME

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jd786
Newly Registered

~!~ GOING TO APPLY FOR ILR ~!~, I NEED SOME HELP WITH DOCUME

Post by jd786 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Dear friends

i came into uk on 2 years pouse visa my wife is british after i came in uk my wife was living in bhirmingham and i went to leicester because i get a job there and after 7 months i went to london because i find another better job there and i stayed there for like 1 year and 2 or 3 months and i did my transfer back to bham where my wife is living and now we are living togather i am gona apply for my indefinate in 1st week of jan my wife and me we are claming working tax credit togather and my wife is claming child benifit but this kid is my step daughter i just want to ask when you apply for indefinate they ask for letters from me and my wife on the same address for last 2 years but i dont have these letters from 2 years i only have for 2 or 3 months can u please help me what shall i do about this ? will they refuse my ILR ?
i just want to make sure before i apply ILR

and could please tell me some more info about documetns i mean what other documents i need and how long home office can take ?

i hope to hear from you soon

JD

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:56 pm

The guidance notes with SET(M) form on the Border and Immigration website will tell you what documents you need to provide.
You may have to wait some time for a decision on your visa as the fact that you have been living apart from your wife for much of the 2 years
will almost certainly be queried. You may both be called for an interview.
Have you got proof of how often you saw each other during the 18 months when you were living apart?
The problem is, it's not up to the Home Office to prove you don't have a genuine married relationship...it's up to you to prove you do.

jd786
Newly Registered

Post by jd786 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:49 pm

hmmm we used to contact with each other throug phone and i got some travilling tickets aswell with me