ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) - Earliest date of application - two different responses?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

exman
India

ILR Set(O) - Earliest date of application - two different responses?

Post by exman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:17 pm

I am pondering about the earliest date I can apply for ILR Set(O). I understand that the application should be made 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the entry visa start date. However, while browsing this forum, I came across two contradicting replies from moderators, links below.
@Moderators, could you please confirm which of these is correct? Or if I misunderstood and both mean same, in that case, when is the earliest one can apply.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-gener ... l#p1909012

indefinite-leave-to-remain/date-of-appi ... l#p1856643

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set(O) - Earliest date of application - two different responses?

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:18 pm

The second link you posted is a completely different ilr route with completely different requirements. Useful to look at topics relevant to your route as all routes have different rules!!

For set O, it is the date of initial visa grant/issue you use to calculate from.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

exman
India

Re: ILR Set(O) - Earliest date of application - two different responses?

Post by exman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 am

Understood, many thanks.