ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: Can a ILR dependant work?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILRsoon
Newly Registered

Help: Can a ILR dependant work?

Post by ILRsoon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi, I am a WP holder and will be applying for my ILR in 2 weeks. My wife is currently on a WP dependant visa and is working full time. I ahve included my wife as a dependant on my ILR application.

Please may I know that when the ILR is obtained, is my wife still entitled to work full-time? As her immigration status has changed from WP dependant visa to ILR dependant.

Thank you very much for your time.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:18 pm

As you are including your wife in the application, I guess that you're applying in the 5 year category.

There isn't any ILR dependent visa. Your wife will get ILR just the same as you and will from then on be totally independent from you. She could run away with her secret lover, for example.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm

If your ILR is successful and she was included in your application, then she should also be granted ILR as well, provided she had satisfied the KOL requirements, etc. (196E)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILRsoon
Newly Registered

Post by ILRsoon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:51 pm

thanks vinny and paulp for the quick replies. i read somewhere that ILR dependants can't work, and that got me worried because my wife isn't going to be very happy if I tell her she can stop working after I get my ILR.