ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paid- appeal suggestions? i'll go to the last consequences!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JhonnyECU

Paid- appeal suggestions? i'll go to the last consequences!

Post by JhonnyECU » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:20 pm

Dear friends and ALL members,

i hope more senior, junior and any members could give me their advice after reading my refusal's COMPLETE explanation. :lol:

I am originally from Ecuador. However, i was working in a TV company in Munich - Germany, when i first applied back in oct 04. DUE to this very reason, i was NOT able to gather all the best and most powerful evidence from my homeland MYSELF to apply.

friends, here is my ENTIRE explanation...

Under 28 Applicator
Field: TV and Film
Experience: almost 3 years (1.5 internationally - worked for Warner Bros. MTV, ZDF in germany...)
Best Director short film winner ecuador 2000

i am fighting to defend this:

Education 25
Experience 25
Significant Achievement 15
Age allowance 5

Total 70

My caseworker ONLY gave me 30 points. 25 Education and 5 Age. :? :?:

NOW, i am back in my country and will do EVERYTHING in my capacity to get WAY better evidence to support efficiently my "paid-appeal".

the GOOD news is that I have already gotten:

NEW and fresh :lol: evidence to support my WORK EXPERIENCE (25 points)

*2 spectacular letters of employment stating 1 more year of GRADUATE work experience, including 7 months in germany.

* WAGE slips from this job in germany. i know i do NOT complete the requirements for past earnings (1 year). HOWEVER, i am sending that to make this german work "look" MORE relevant and credible. what do you think about that move?

* since i have been applying online to different companies in london. i recently got a "BBC Job interview invitation letter". If the BBC recognizes MY experience, qualifications, etc...why cant my caseworker do that? :P

* i also faxed a JOB offer back in Dec 2004. I have a JOB which awaits in london!!!! grrr!!!

NEW :lol: evidence to support my SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT (15 points)

* i found the NEWSPAPER page -March 12, 2000- on which is CLEARLY and PUBLICLY stated taht i had won an Ecuadorian short film festival back in 2000, when i was only 22 years old.
WITHIN this film festival, the most important person from the JURY is our BEST and most internationally recognized film director. Sebastian Cordero - his last Feature Film was nominee for best film in Cannes in 2004!!

Just to make an example of this achievement of mine, it would be like you win a US short film festival for young directors chosen by the Jury headed by Steven Spielberg. THEN, all this comes out in the New York Times! THAT would be the equivalent in my country! :lol:

* I HAD a stellar letter of recognition of THIS award from the MOST important cultural institution in my country"Ecuadorian House of Culture". Additionally, another letter from the MINISTER of culture in Ecuador.

The HSMP Guidance notes states:

7.4 Achievement in your chosen field (pag 3 of application form)

7.4.2 Examples of this could be:

A recognized ARTISTIC achievement.

UNFORTUNATELY, there are NO bigger or more important cultural institutions or filmmakers in my country who could provide more evidence of this artistic achievement...WHAT am i suppossed to do? We make films in my field we DO NOT write best sellers. we win film festivals.... or should i write a letter to spielberg requesting him to write a recommendation letter on my behalf? :P

I JUST can not simply understand what else can i do???

can anyone give me some kind of answer to this EXTENSIVE and accurate explanation on my refusal?

i have been told by f2k that i should give all the evidence i can. i know, i should explain, prove and support EVERY point i am claiming to have. i should NOT take anything from granted or EXPECT this caseworker to "understand" or "assume" things.

Funnily enough, i think ANYBODY in the UK knows what BBC is or that working in Television in Germany (especially if you are ecuadorian speking freaking german) requires a BIT more than graduate level , right?

Thanks for all the help. this forum is extremely useful.

ALL the feedback is MORE than welcome.

if you prefer to suggest me ways to solve this situation in a private level, you could send me an email on:

jhonnyzurita@hotmail.com

THANKS so much

love and best wishes to all

jhonny

JhonnyECU

waiting for lots of helpful advice

Post by JhonnyECU » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:28 pm

dhilipki wrote:50 views so far and no replies. Looks like there are more people with the same question and lesser people with answers!!

Could any of you experienced guys please reply and help us out!!!
Hi SENIOR members....

I am a BIT under lots of time pressure here...I have less than 24 days to appeal this decision. could ANY one give me some hints, tips, answers, web links, recommendations, suggestions, etc!?

Thanks,

Jhonny :D