ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Holder and spouse apply ILR, advise needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaoweiwei
Newly Registered

HSMP Holder and spouse apply ILR, advise needed

Post by xiaoweiwei » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 am

Our situation is:
1. I got work permit in February 2004, my partner got the dependant visa granted on 1st April 2004.
2.I changed to HSMP in March 2006, follow with FLR (IED) granted on 17th March 2006, my partner got the dependant visa updated accordingly
3. I got HSMP extension granted in March 2007, my partner got her dependant visa updated accordingly

Base on the current rule, we be eligible to apply for ILR with amalgamation of WP and HSMP leave granted in February 2009.
Since we can apply 28 days earlier, which means we can file it in the middle of January 2009.

My question is that:
Can we apply ILR as a joint application in the same day in the Croydon PEO office. do we need to wait until 1st April 2009 when my partner fulfills her 5 years qualifying period OR actually we can get ILR done in the middle of January 2009 when I qualify the 5 years qualifying period?

Please advise...

xiaoweiwei
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoweiwei » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Can anyone shed any lights on this please!

alina76

Post by alina76 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi,

You dont need to wait till april, you can apply straight away when you complete 5 years period.

By the way We have got ILR under 5 year HSMP today in PEO.

xiaoweiwei
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoweiwei » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks alina76,

I am preparing the documents for the coming ILR application. Apart from all other required documents, will that be sufficient to provide
12 months Payslip and 12 months Bank Statement? Since I was granted WP first then changed into HSMP, I am wondering whether
I need to provide payslips for the period under WP. also will that be sufficient to provide only the latest P60, or do I need to provide all 5 years P60s? I don't have the first two years P60s

alina76

Post by alina76 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:37 pm

I would suggest you to take everything you have (p-60s, payslips,p45,employers letters).

I had everything with me, they didn't ask for any p-60. you cant say for sure they will not ask to see, it depends on the case worker I believe.

dont worry if you dont have first 2 years p-60s I only had 4. I had almost 3 years bank statements and around 45 pay slips with me. they asked for last 3 only. so I am not sure thats the practice because I have heard they asked for 5 years p-60s some time.
and last thing I would say from my experience it was nothing as compare to HSMP extention documents which I had to submit last year for my final extension.

good luck