ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Child’s british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rdt2717
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application for Child’s british passport

Post by rdt2717 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been granted ILR status last February 2021 and I have given birth to my son last March here in the UK. I’m I correct that he can then apply for British passport and he does not need to be registered as BC anymore?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application for Child’s british passport

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Correct - he can apply for a British passport as he is British, no need to register. Just provide son's birth certificate and you evidence of ILR status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Application for Child’s british passport

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:04 am

I have been granted ILR status last February 2021 and I have given birth to my son last March here in the UK.
Assuming you mean baby was born in March 2021 not 2020?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.