ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa extension & Pregnancy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pep
Newly Registered
India

UK Spouse visa extension & Pregnancy

Post by pep » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:46 pm

My UK spouse visa expires on 1st week of November .
What I have gathered is I should apply for visa extension 3 months prior to my expiry date,
which makes it 1st week of August.
I am pregnant and due for the first week of August.
Since my visa renewal date and delivery date clash, I would really like some advice on how and when
to get things done.

1. When is the last date I can apply and do my biometrics?
2. When is the earliest I can apply ?
3. Will I be able to apply in June and still get my new visa dated from November rather than anytime prior to my expiry date?
4. Will I have to leave the country if I don't get my visa renewed before November?
5. Since I would be having my baby in August, what should I fill in about children in the form?
My child won't be registered, won't have a passport , or any details ready at the time of application.
6. Since everything seems uncertain, I'm not sure I would be able to go in for biometrics soon after delivery.
If I manage to submit my application online in August, how long can I delay the biometrics? or
is there any other solution?

pep
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Spouse visa extension & Pregnancy

Post by pep » Sat May 08, 2021 12:48 pm

Hi,

Could someone pls reply to my post.

Many Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa extension & Pregnancy

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm

pep wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:46 pm
My UK spouse visa expires on 1st week of November .
What I have gathered is I should apply for visa extension 3 months prior to my expiry date,
which makes it 1st week of August.
I am pregnant and due for the first week of August.
Since my visa renewal date and delivery date clash, I would really like some advice on how and when
to get things done.

1. When is the last date I can apply and do my biometrics? Same as second question.
2. When is the earliest I can apply ? Up until your visa is due to expire.
3. Will I be able to apply in June and still get my new visa dated from November rather than anytime prior to my expiry date? It will also depend on when you arrive in the UK to see if you have completed relevant periods of 30 months.
4. Will I have to leave the country if I don't get my visa renewed before November? No if the caseworker think you meet the requirement for 10 years route then you will be put on that otherwise you can appeal the decision if you think the decision is going to breach your human right especially since you have a child on the way.
5. Since I would be having my baby in August, what should I fill in about children in the form?
My child won't be registered, won't have a passport , or any details ready at the time of application. Birth certificate of the child should suffice which can be done through your local council.
6. Since everything seems uncertain, I'm not sure I would be able to go in for biometrics soon after delivery.
If I manage to submit my application online in August, how long can I delay the biometrics? or
is there any other solution? When did you arrive in the UK?
and what date does your leave expire?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.