ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60/P45 discrepancy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingofthenerds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

P60/P45 discrepancy

Post by kingofthenerds » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Hi All

Hope you all are well.

I am preparing to file my application for ILR and whilr I was collecting the required documents and cross checking my records on previous P60 and P45 I found out there are few discrepancies which are as below

1) I was employed by Employer A from Feb 2020 to Sep 2020 and I left that job due to unfortunate circumstances. I was paid any accrued holidays as final settlement figure. I recieved P45 from that employer now and I can see that the figure on that P45 does not match with my online HMRC record. The online HMRC record shows total payment from that employment as salary from April to Sep and payment for holiday entitlement which I did not take. However P45 only shows total fig as salary from April to Sep 2020 which I think it's not correct and these figures should match.. can anyone shed any light on this

2) I started my new employment with Employer B from Dec 2020 and I recently got my P60 for 2020-21 which shows income from previous employment (Employer A) as zero which is not correct. I did work for Employer A for 9 months but I believe this is on account of previous mishaps from Employer A which a different story all together. I did not get the P45 in time and failed to submit it to my new employer and my new employer is saying that they can't amend the record now. Is that correct? I read it somewhere that employers can amend previous records. Can someone clarify this please??

3) I am not sure how this will impact on my ILR application. I am aware that P60 and. P45 may not be always required however this has highlighted that the figures of income and tax may be incorrect. What extra documents I can submit if my current and/or previous employer refuse to co-operate. as far as I am aware I have paid all the tax under PAYE system as it was deducted from employer and I have never been self employed.

Any guidance is appreciated..

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: P60/P45 discrepancy

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Each employer runs independent payroll and submits this via RTI to HMRC. What's on your P60 does NOT reflect adjustments from your previous employer in that payroll year unless you provide P45. The new employer puts you under an emergency tax code and then later HMRC often gives them an appropriate tax code to use. The details on your P60/P45, therefore, are not going to give you an accurate image. HMRC records may or may not match the records given to you by an employer due to these payroll/tax issues. This is not an issue related to your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kingofthenerds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: P60/P45 discrepancy

Post by kingofthenerds » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:38 pm

Thank you Zimba... Much appreciated...