ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Son ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rafi_aamiri78692
India

My Son ILR Application

Post by rafi_aamiri78692 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi,

Myself and my spouse have completed five years of residency in UK and got eligible for applying ILR in June 2021.

But my son aged 19 years was away from UK since two years and he use to visit UK twice a year on existing Tier-2 dependent visa.

While applying for ILR for me and my spouse is he eligible to apply for ILR as he was away for 2 years.

Please advise

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: My Son ILR Application

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:56 pm

The absence limits apply however it seems he is leading an independent life and so may not qualify for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rafi_aamiri78692
India

Post by rafi_aamiri78692 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm

He was outside UK for his studies and all his expenses were taken care by me as my dependent.

Still his application will not be accepted.

If still no possibilities what are the other options available please advise

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am

The rules say this:
‘Must not be leading an independent life’ or ‘is not leading an independent life’ means that the applicant does not have a partner (as defined in paragraph GEN.1.2. of Appendix FM), is living with their parents (except where they are at boarding school, college or university as part of their full-time education), is not employed fulltime (unless aged 18 years or over), is wholly or mainly dependent upon their parents for financial support (unless aged 18 years or over), and is wholly or mainly dependent upon their parents for emotional support.
So I'd say there is still hope. When was his lat visa issued and what are his absence periods? He may be able to get an extension
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:41 am

Children don’t have absence limits, apart from two continuous years. I think he should be okay. Don’t forget KoLL.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.