ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MRazvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belize

Application for naturalization

Post by MRazvi » Mon May 03, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi,

My husband applied for naturalization on 24 January 2021 just after 1 year of getting his ILR. (He hasn't heard about its outcome yet). The children (16, 11) and I did not apply with him as we have only now completed our 1-year residence period after ILR. My questions are:

1. Is it better to wait for his application outcome and then apply for our naturalization or is it better we apply now (in the next couple of weeks) regardless of his outcome?

2. Will I have to do the B1 English test again if it expires prior to me making my application?

Thank you and kind regards,
Mahvish.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application for naturalization

Post by CR001 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:53 pm

1. It makes no difference.

2. No, not if you used the same test for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MRazvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belize

Re: Application for naturalization

Post by MRazvi » Mon May 03, 2021 11:10 pm

Thank you very much for clarifying

kind regards
Mahvish

MRazvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belize

No NI number yet

Post by MRazvi » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am

Hi,

My husband has got his citizenship invitation 2 days ago but the letter was dated April 22, 2021. He's booked to do his ceremony for 21st September 2021 as that's the earliest available date.

Can you please guide me about these:

1. Is it ok for me and the two children to apply using the 5-year residency route still?

2. I started working in August 2020. The job centres were not giving appointments for NI applications due to lockdown and this was the case till recently. My previous employer generated their own temporary NI number. Then I switched jobs in January 2021 but by this time I had received a temporary reference number from HMRC by post (I hadn't applied for this) which I gave to my new employer. Now NI applications have resumed online and their website says it takes about 16 weeks. I have applied. I don't have an NI number at the moment and the naturalization application asks for this. I have selected option - No. Does not having an NI number affect the naturalization application?

Mahvish

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: No NI number yet

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 08, 2021 9:42 pm

MRazvi wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am
Hi,

My husband has got his citizenship invitation 2 days ago but the letter was dated April 22, 2021. He's booked to do his ceremony for 21st September 2021 as that's the earliest available date.

Can you please guide me about these:

1. Is it ok for me and the two children to apply using the 5-year residency route still?

Yes. You can apply if you meet the requirements in your own right i.e. as per Section 6(1) BNA 1981

2. I started working in August 2020. The job centres were not giving appointments for NI applications due to lockdown and this was the case till recently. My previous employer generated their own temporary NI number. Then I switched jobs in January 2021 but by this time I had received a temporary reference number from HMRC by post (I hadn't applied for this) which I gave to my new employer. Now NI applications have resumed online and their website says it takes about 16 weeks. I have applied. I don't have an NI number at the moment and the naturalization application asks for this. I have selected option - No. Does not having an NI number affect the naturalization application?
Select no and clarify in the notes at the end of the form. Employment/NI is NOT a requirement for Naturalisation in your case. Even if you are unemployed for the last 10 years, does not matter. Just declare as it is.

Mahvish
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.