ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISIT VISA FOR WIFE, instead of spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mshak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

VISIT VISA FOR WIFE, instead of spouse visa

Post by mshak123 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Hello:
I recently got married. I am British citizen, whereas my wife is Pakistani citizen.

Unfortunately i do not meet the requirement for showing salaries and unfortunately i am not able to apply for spouse visa at the moment.

If I apply for Visit visa for my wife and if she gets even 6 months to stay with me it will enable me to gather documents and apply for spouse visa later on. atlest she will be living with me in UK.

my question is: since she is my wife will she get the visitor visa? what are the chances of refusal...

Please help...

secret.simon

Re: VISIT VISA FOR WIFE, instead of spouse visa

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Think about it from the Entry Clearance Officer's point of view.

Once your wife gets a visit visa and enters the UK, what are the chances that she will leave the UK before the end of the visit visa? What are the countervailing strong links to her home country that are stronger than her links to you?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Putins_Lover
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: VISIT VISA FOR WIFE, instead of spouse visa

Post by Putins_Lover » Sat May 29, 2021 12:06 pm

mshak123 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:38 pm
Hello:
I recently got married. I am British citizen, whereas my wife is Pakistani citizen.

Unfortunately i do not meet the requirement for showing salaries and unfortunately i am not able to apply for spouse visa at the moment.

If I apply for Visit visa for my wife and if she gets even 6 months to stay with me it will enable me to gather documents and apply for spouse visa later on. atlest she will be living with me in UK.

my question is: since she is my wife will she get the visitor visa? what are the chances of refusal...

Please help...
Hello! I do not know is it helps, but a few my Russians friends haven Visitor visa, working and living mostly inMoskow and coming here to be with husband. My Spouse visa refused also (my husband has hightest rate of PIP and UC, so he cant be my Sponsor) and i am thinking what to do next also