ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for British Citizenship naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Referee for British Citizenship naturalization application

Post by amit_sharma90 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi All,

I am in process of completing the british citizenship application for myself, my wife and my daughter under ILR (Tier-2 5 years) + 1 year post ILR route.

I have following queries regarding the referee:

1. I have one British Citizen UK nurse and other British citizen Chef as the referee. Can this meet the requirement of referee as professional?

2. Can I use the same referee for all three of us?

3. for the question - 'How do the referee know the applicant' can I say 'AS a friend know the applicant for the past 4 years'

4. Can they reject the application if referees are not as per the guidance?

Additionally there is a section where it says provide your immigration application details, in this section I am planning to put all my previous Tier2 application details ( I have 3 Tier-2 application in total) plus one ILR. I can find out the application and bio metric dates but it's difficult to provide application reference number for each. Can I leave the field for application blank? will that have any impact on the naturalization application?

Looking forward to the expert guidance.

Thanks
AKS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee for British Citizenship naturalization application

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 06, 2021 11:45 pm

amit_sharma90 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi All,

I am in process of completing the british citizenship application for myself, my wife and my daughter under ILR (Tier-2 5 years) + 1 year post ILR route.

I have following queries regarding the referee:

1. I have one British Citizen UK nurse and other British citizen Chef as the referee. Can this meet the requirement of referee as professional?
Yes nurse can

2. Can I use the same referee for all three of us?
Yes for you and your wife. Yes for your daughter if the nurse has engaged with her in a professional capacity

3. for the question - 'How do the referee know the applicant' can I say 'AS a friend know the applicant for the past 4 years'
”friend” fine for you and your wife. But for your daughter: should be “in professional capacity of a nurse”

4. Can they reject the application if referees are not as per the guidance?
No. They will write to you to arrange other referees if need be.

Additionally there is a section where it says provide your immigration application details, in this section I am planning to put all my previous Tier2 application details ( I have 3 Tier-2 application in total) plus one ILR. I can find out the application and bio metric dates but it's difficult to provide application reference number for each. Can I leave the field for application blank? will that have any impact on the naturalization application?
If known question. You can simply leave it blank. OR you can use your BRP number as a reference also

Looking forward to the expert guidance.

Thanks
AKS
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am

Thanks Cullinan - this is very helpful

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm

Sorry I got one follow up question. The nurse as a referee that I had has refused to provide the reference.
I have got one referral as the Director of a VAT registered UK based private limited company.

is that referee qualified as professional reference? Please help with the answer.

Additionally it's difficult to get a reference as per the guidance for my child. Is it OK to provide the director reference for her as well, the director is a family friend and know us for past 4-5 years?

Thanks
AKS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 07, 2021 2:47 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.