ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying citizenship for baby born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Applying citizenship for baby born in the UK

Post by Fatimajafri » Fri May 07, 2021 6:11 pm

I'll soon get my ILR and then I plan to apply citizenship for my baby born 2 months back. Will I need his Pakistani passport to make citizenship application? He's only two months old and we haven't traveled so didn't need a passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying citizenship for baby born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:13 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Post by Fatimajafri » Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:13 pm
No.
Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Post by Fatimajafri » Fri May 07, 2021 6:19 pm

One more question please. Since he was born we didn't pay for NHS. Will we have to pay anything for this duration ( baby's birth and my ILR status then his citizenship application) ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 08, 2021 12:22 am

Fatimajafri wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:19 pm
One more question please. Since he was born we didn't pay for NHS. Will we have to pay anything for this duration ( baby's birth and my ILR status then his citizenship application) ?
NHS is free up to first 3 months after baby’s birth. You may have to pay for NHS fees after 3 months and until baby is successfully registered as British Citizen. Best to get some medical insurance etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Post by Fatimajafri » Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:22 am
Fatimajafri wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:19 pm
NHS is free up to first 3 months after baby’s birth. You may have to pay for NHS fees after 3 months and until baby is successfully registered as British Citizen. Best to get some medical insurance etc.
Thanks a lot. He'll be 3 month's old only when we get our ILR.