ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity of UK HSMP - Tier 1 permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bininoble
Newly Registered

Validity of UK HSMP - Tier 1 permit

Post by bininoble » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi, I've recently been granted an HSMP Approval. N', I was beginning to look for jobs online, before my arrival in UK. On all job websites, I saw the same question "Are you qualified to work in the EU"??
Does HSMP qualify a person to "work in EU"? Like, for e.g., Ireland?

I applied for this job on a UK website (assuming it was within the UK), only to find out much later, that the job was not in the UK, but in Dublin, Ireland.

I'm not completely sure... I'm almost sure we're not allowed to work outside the UK, but it's not been written clearly, hence the question.

Cheers,
BN

yarons

Re: Validity of UK HSMP - Tier 1 permit

Post by yarons » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm

bininoble wrote:Hi, I've recently been granted an HSMP Approval. N', I was beginning to look for jobs online, before my arrival in UK. On all job websites, I saw the same question "Are you qualified to work in the EU"??

I applied for this job on a UK website (assuming it was within the UK), only to find out much later, that the job was not in the UK, but in Dublin, Ireland.

I'm not completely sure... I'm almost sure we're not allowed to work outside the UK, but it's not been written clearly, hence the question.

Cheers,
BN
As far as I know, HSMP is for UK only so not valid for jobs in Dublin.

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm

bininoble wrote:Hi, I've recently been granted an HSMP Approval. N', I was beginning to look for jobs online, before my arrival in UK. On all job websites, I saw the same question "Are you qualified to work in the EU"??

Cheers,
BN

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 pm

yarons wrote:

Cheers,
BN

NO You cannot work anywhere else except UK under HSMP.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Cheers,
BN
Is it so difficult to find out if Ireland/Dublin is part of UK?

The jobsite you search for jobs have vacancy based in EU countires, hence, while applying it asks your work authoirzation for EU. If a job in based in UK, then it will never ask for EU related question.