ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on my marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london-emma
Newly Registered

Advice on my marriage

Post by london-emma » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Dear friend,
my partner and i are having problems and she wants a divorce just after we applied for a residents permit. She is from EU and we have lived together for two years but married only last year. I have lived here (UK) for four years and was a student before entering into a relationship with her. She asked me for my passport and two passport photos, my signature on forms she had covered so that i could not see what content was in. She in otherwords applied for permission to marry without my knowledge and after getting everuthing, she wrote a letter to me appologising for her actions claiming that she did not want me to suffer with a students visa and also that she would not want to leave me or mew leaving her. We married and i went to visit her family only to find what i did not expect. (Poland) She ws working for £55 PW or £220 PCM. I helped her to get a £480 PCM job and she started getting £700 we lived together for one year in the same house, and eventualy i helped her get a care assistant job worth £1300 PCM as well as starting up a savings scheme for both of us which she has claimed ownership of because i we were saving on our personal accounts she was saving £300 and i was saving £50-£100PM and now she wants to divorce after knowing that she has a secure job and money on the account. Will this affect my residents permit! and after the five years, will i be able to apply for ILR without her? What can i do?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 am

I think u need three years marriage, one in UK to apply for PR, from ur post, which is quite difficult to read, I fell you won't qualify.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....