ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR:Gap in Employment under HSMP/General Tier1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 pm

I would be grateful if somebody can assist me with answering the below question or suggesting an immigration solicitor who can advise me.

In December 2008 I will be applying for ILR (5 years) on the following basis:

1. January 2004 - June 2006: work permit
2. June 2006 - June 2008: HSMP
3. June 2008 - June 2011: General Tier1

As soon as I got HSMP in June 2006 I left my job. I had not been economically active till November 2006 (5 months) and I also had another gap: March 2007 - May 2007 (3 months). From June 2007 till present I've been working (and planning to continue working).

These two gaps (of 5 and 3 months) are obvious from the documents I am going to produce (pay slips, letters from employers) and I am puzzled to whether I should explain these gaps on Form Set (O) when applying for ILR (in the cover letter). In case I have to expain these gaps what kind of explanation case worker is looking for?

Thank you so much!

republique
BANNED

Re: Applying for ILR:Gap in Employment under HSMP/General Ti

Post by republique » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:30 pm

winduser wrote:I would be grateful if somebody can assist me with answering the below question or suggesting an immigration solicitor who can advise me.

In December 2008 I will be applying for ILR (5 years) on the following basis:

1. January 2004 - June 2006: work permit
2. June 2006 - June 2008: HSMP
3. June 2008 - June 2011: General Tier1

As soon as I got HSMP in June 2006 I left my job. I had not been economically active till November 2006 (5 months) and I also had another gap: March 2007 - May 2007 (3 months). From June 2007 till present I've been working (and planning to continue working).

These two gaps (of 5 and 3 months) are obvious from the documents I am going to produce (pay slips, letters from employers) and I am puzzled to whether I should explain these gaps on Form Set (O) when applying for ILR (in the cover letter). In case I have to expain these gaps what kind of explanation case worker is looking for?

Thank you so much!
since you double posted, i am removing this comment

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 pm

you dont have to explain any gaps in employment

or if you want to give a reason you could state that you were
A) IN BETWEEN JOBS
B)LOOKING FOR BETTER EMPLOYMENT SO YOU COULD PROGRESS IN PROFESSION /CAREER

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Thank you very much for the answers and your help!
Much appreciated! :)