ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child got Brtitish Passport on ILR basis, BRP not returned. Has anyone got fined?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Child got Brtitish Passport on ILR basis, BRP not returned. Has anyone got fined?

Post by Mak9878 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:59 am

Hi there,

Hope you all are at best of your health.

I just attended Brtitish Citizenship Ceremony two days ago and has become British Citizen.

I know that we have to send ILR-BRP back within 5 working days to HO. But I have not sent my ILR-BRP because my child is British by birth and got British passport on the basis of my ILR (one parent was on ILR before child birth).

In this connection, HMPO may ask in future from my child the proof and claim for British Citizenship for 1st Adult Passport as it happened in Windrush cases.

Instead, I have sent a letter explaining with reasons that why I can't send my BRP back with attached copies of My BRP, My naturalisation Certificate, Child Passport, Child Birth Certificate within 5 working days to HO.

I know few people on the forum has done same thing for their child future.

Has anyone been fined for not returning original ILR-BRP back?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child got Brtitish Passport on ILR basis, BRP not returned. Has anyone got fined?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:44 am

You were already given advice when you asked a similar question in 2019.

british-citizenship/help-needed-for-new ... l#p1840242
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Child got Brtitish Passport on ILR basis, BRP not returned. Has anyone got fined?

Post by Mak9878 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:44 am
You were already given advice when you asked a similar question in 2019.

british-citizenship/help-needed-for-new ... l#p1840242
Yes I know that and my literally all topic are locked so that's why created new. I know few people did not sent ILR-BRP to HO over same concern in 2019 and 2020.

But I wanted to know anyone from those people who have not returned ILR-BRP to HO after becoming British Citizen within 5 working days, whether did they received any letter from HO? OR any fine and also did they face any problem at travelling by immigration?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:03 am

No one has ever reported any issues, receiving a letter or fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:18 am

Hi there,

Hope you are well.

I have submitted my British Passport application with return of original document fee in secure delivery £5 extra.

I have been asked to send following documents in originals:
1) naturalisation or registration certificate
2) the passport used to enter the UK
3)any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled

I have following concerns if anyone could help plz in scenerio of above points:

As far I could understand that I need to submit current passport and naturlisation certificate in originals. Am I right?

I can't understand point number 2, where all my old passports are cancelled whereas point 2 contradicts with point number 3. I used to enter UK with very first passport which is cancelled now.

Do I need to send very 1st passport with current passport in original to cover point 2.

OR

Do Ineed to send all old cancelled passports in originals?

Anyone know the courier name they send back originals?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 23, 2021 3:36 pm

1) Just send your current Pakistani passport and Naturalisation certificate. Both originals.

2) TNT.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:04 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:36 pm
1) Just send your current Pakistani passport and Naturalisation certificate. Both originals.

2) TNT.
Thanks Cullinan for prompt reply.

Did it generate same points/checklist for you when u applied for your british passport? Just asking in case they dont delay process.

Did u send your current passport and naturaisation certificate?

Will they make any issue for point 2 i.e. passport used to enter Uk?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 24, 2021 3:22 am

1)Did it generate same points/checklist for you when u applied for your british passport? Just asking in case they dont delay process.

2) Did u send your current passport and naturaisation certificate?

3) Will they make any issue for point 2 i.e. passport used to enter Uk?
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:22 am
1)Did it generate same points/checklist for you when u applied for your british passport? Just asking in case they dont delay process.

2) Did u send your current passport and naturaisation certificate?

3) Will they make any issue for point 2 i.e. passport used to enter Uk?
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No
Thanks Cullinan.

I have sent documents.. Thanks

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi Cullinan,

My British Passport application got approved on Friday 4th June 2021. And received my passport on 07-06-2021.

It just took around 8 working days from the point they received documents from me.

But I have not heard about documents though yet. Any idea, how long does it take to receive documents as I had paid for secure delivery for documents return?

Do we need to update Council, Banks and any other people with British Passport status now?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:58 am

Documents will arrive also in another 1-3 weeks.
No need to notify banks. You can possibly change it on the electoral roll if you wish, HMRC, companies house etc.
Its not a mandatory requirement as far I know.