ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Preparation for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishansss
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

8 Weeks Waiting Time Turns Into 9 Months

Post by ishansss » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:36 pm

I'll keep it short so its easier for you guys to understand and maybe help me decide what to do next.

So I applied for FLRM (Spouse visa extension) On May 16th 2020

Due to covid everything got delayed and we couldn't find biometric centre appointment so waited 3 months and submitted biometrics via IDV app on 27th of August 2020.

Fast forward to today 21st of February 2021 we still haven't got any decision on our application its been 9 months.

Between 27th of August till now we have done the following:

Escalated our case via home office escalation team 3 times, 4th time they said they stopped escalating cases

Wrote to our local MP 2 times, they got back to us with some generic email saying home office is looking into it

Filed formal complaint to Home Office, they said they are unable to uphold our complaint just because its being late.

My wife and I are going into depression and our mental health is getting worse by minutes. We do not know what else to do now.

Thank you

ishansss
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Did I lose a year because of FLRM decision?

Post by ishansss » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:39 pm

so I applied for FLRM back in May 2020 and still haven't got my decision yet. My question is did I lose the whole year I waited for decision? or I can apply for ILR before the next BRP expires? I heard the 5 year is counted from when I entred the country and not according to 5 Years BRP expiry? Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Did I lose a year because of FLRM decision?

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:42 am

ishansss wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:39 pm
so I applied for FLRM back in May 2020 and still haven't got my decision yet. My question is did I lose the whole year I waited for decision? or I can apply for ILR before the next BRP expires? I heard the 5 year is counted from when I entred the country and not according to 5 Years BRP expiry? Thank you
ILR qualifying period for SET(M) starts from the date you entered the UK initially. Your BRP expiry is irrelevant. Time spent waiting for an in-time application counts towards the qualifying period for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:36 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:42 am
ILR qualifying period for SET(M) starts from the date you entered the UK initially. Your BRP expiry is irrelevant. Time spent waiting for an in-time application counts towards the qualifying period for ILR
Would that depend on whether it was the first 2.5 year period or the second?

I was already in the UK on a different visa and applied for FLRM and understood that the 5 year clock wouldn't start until the visa was granted. For the second FLRM it wouldn't have mattered because the 5 year clock was already started.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 am

If you switched to the family route in the UK, the date your first family visa was approved is the starting date of your qualifying period. The visa extension date or its expiry is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ishansss
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ishansss » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:08 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:42 am
ishansss wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:39 pm
Ah that's great to hear thank you. I mean it's the only positive thing I heard in like 10 months. Applied for FLRM on May 20th 2020 and still hasn't recieved any decision. Well at least all that time I waited didn't go to waste.

ishansss
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Preparation for ILR

Post by ishansss » Wed May 26, 2021 11:54 am

Hi, I've just gotten my 2nd FLRM extension for 2.5 Years. So as I've heard since the extension was delayed by 1 year it will be counted towards my ILR which means I can apply in 1.5 years. So I wanted to know the steps I should start taking from now on to prepare for that. I already put my name on water bill this month so thats sorted. What else do I need to keep in mind? income, documents, examwise? Please let me know so that I don't make any mistakes and be prepared for it way become the time even comes for applying. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Preparation for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:05 pm

ishansss wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:54 am
Hi, I've just gotten my 2nd FLRM extension for 2.5 Years. So as I've heard since the extension was delayed by 1 year it will be counted towards my ILR which means I can apply in 1.5 years. So I wanted to know the steps I should start taking from now on to prepare for that. I already put my name on water bill this month so thats sorted. What else do I need to keep in mind? income, documents, examwise? Please let me know so that I don't make any mistakes and be prepared for it way become the time even comes for applying. Thank you.
2 years evidence of cohabitation in both your names, from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
English B1
Life in the UK test
Financial requirements again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Preparation for ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 26, 2021 12:06 pm