ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying naturalisation for 8 years old child abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sultanfraz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying naturalisation for 8 years old child abroad

Post by Sultanfraz » Sat May 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Hi,
I am writing here to enquire about applying naturalisation for my 8 years old child in Pakistan.
My child was born in Pakistan and before I got Naturalised/British passport. I got my British passport this year.
Now as I have got British passport, can I apply for Naturalisation for my 8 years old son ?
If I can please guide me with procedure, if I cannot then what's the other best route to bring my child to UK. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying naturalisation for 8 years old child abroad

Post by CR001 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:58 pm

No you cannot.

The child will need a visa to come and live in the UK, as does the other parent, and both apply for ilr before they can apply for citizenship.

You becoming British gives no entitlement to a child born abroad before you became British.

There is no shortcut route for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sultanfraz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sultanfraz » Mon May 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Thanks CR001 for your reply, much appreciated.

Can you guide which visa category is best to bring my child to UK and can same category be applied for my wife in Pakistan too ?
Also what's income threshold is for it, to show if there is any ?
Lastly once they are here, how long after I can apply for my child's naturalisation/passport?

Please if you can guide about above queries that will be of great help. Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 pm

Spouse and child visa link below which has all the details and requirements that must be met.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Lastly once they are here, how long after I can apply for my child's naturalisation/passport?
Once spouse and child has ILR after 5 years residence. There is no shortcut for your child born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.