ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Passport Application Queries

Post by PoolX1 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:59 pm

Dear Everyone,

I will be making my passport application in 3 week times after attending my citizenship ceremony. The ceremony will be in person so i will get the naturalisation certificate straightaway. I applied for naturalisation back in November 2020, and since then i have moved address. I didn't update my address with the home office as they are not so good with updating it and this might have caused further delay in the application. I put a royal mail redirection service in place and i received my ceremony invitation letter at my new address using this service.

As i mentioned, i am planning to apply for passport in three weeks time, as soon as i receive my certificate.

Question 1) Can i put my new address on the passport application or do i need to inform Home Office first. WIll it be an issue if i just my put my new address in the passport application without updating with Home Office as passport office and Home Office are two different departments?

Question 2) I have read that when you apply for the passport, you have them all your orginal uncancelled passports. My question is do you just send the current one or do you also have to send the expired ones?

Would really appreciate if i can get some quidance on the two questions above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Application Queries

Post by CR001 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:21 pm

1. New address is fine.

2. You have to send all uncancelled passports
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Dear CR001,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Just to clarify, i am okay to put the new address on the passport application without updating the Home Office right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Just to clarify, i am okay to put the new address on the passport application without updating the Home Office right?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.