ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few days gap for ILR application tier 2 dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ladypotter
Newly Registered
Philippines

Few days gap for ILR application tier 2 dependant

Post by ladypotter » Mon May 31, 2021 11:06 pm

Hello All. I was wondering if you could help me. I am now ILR but my husband is due to apply this December.
His entry clearance date was Dec 6,2016, came to UK Dec 7,2016, while the expiry of his visa is on the 30th of October 2021. What would be thebest thing to do?
A. Do a visa extension and apply after dec 2021?
B. If the 28 days before 5th yr from entry clearance is applicable, that means he can apply from the 8th of November, which leaves us 8 days short as his visa expires 30.10.21. Can he submit his application on the 29th of October and book for biometrics after November 8?

What other best option would you suggest?
I would appreciate all your input. Thanks very much in advance...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Few days gap for ILR application tier 2 dependant

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Can he submit his application on the 29th of October and book for biometrics after November 8?
Yes.

As your understanding is correct, reiterating that he must apply before current visa expiry and book biometrics after he qualifies. You get 45 working days (2 months) to submit biometrics after online submission.
Calculating the specified continuous period
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ladypotter
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ladypotter » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Thank you very much Cullinan. I really appreciate your reply. I do not need to vary application right as I would go straight with the ILR application. I just hope there wouldnt be any problem with the 8 day gap. Has anyone got the same situation as mine and was successful?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:41 pm

The advice given to you is clear and been given to hundreds of applicants previously. There is no issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice