ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Setting a Company and BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moal11
United Kingdom

Setting a Company and BC

Post by moal11 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:35 pm

Hi All,
Just a question, if I am on ILR (after tier 2) and I will apply for the BC after 4 months. If I setup now a limited company beside my full time employment. Is there any document I need to submit for UKVI when I apply for BC regarding the company I set it up?

Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal

moal11
United Kingdom

Re: Setting a Company and BC

Post by moal11 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:31 pm

moal11 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:35 pm
Hi All,
Just a question, if I am on ILR (after tier 2) and I will apply for the BC after 4 months. If I setup now a limited company beside my full time employment. Is there any document I need to submit for UKVI when I apply for BC regarding the company I set it up?

Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal
Any ideas??

Regards,
Moal

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:45 pm

As such the formation of a limited company (with you as shareholder I assume) doesn't have to be disclosed, as far as I know.
If you are paid by your company as employee this should be shown in your 10 year UK employment history.
If you are paid outside PAYE then I believe you have to provide the latest self-assessment return.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi Alter,
Many thanks for your kind reply. Well, if I set the company now, the income I will get from it, will be definitely very low. My main income comes from the fact that I am employed in another company. This company I am thinking to set is just to do small jobs here or there, i.e. not the main source of income. As I understand, all things related to the tax (if I will set the company now) will come in April next year. Which is like 6 months after I apply for the BC, i.e. any taxation will not yet appear in the system.

Regards,
Moal

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Simply provide details in the cover letter. If you are registered as self employed or do not pay taxes via the PAYE scheme AND the deadline to file first tax return is not yet due, provide details in the cover letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:59 pm

There is no law that stops from having a company if you are still in an employment except the company so incorporated will carry out business such as the one your employer is doing and it’s indicated in your contract that you can not do that.
Bizman

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:37 am

Thanks all for your comments and replies, very much appreciated.

Regards,
Moal