ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVISE NEEDED RE:REFUSED ENTRY INTO U.K

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pookie
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVISE NEEDED RE:REFUSED ENTRY INTO U.K

Post by pookie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi everyone

Well to try to keep it as brief as i can, i met my partner october 2006 here in London, and we have been together ever since.
She was only here at the time on a student visa, and did not check when it was due to expire, and so she ended up over staying by a few weeks, but she had to go back to see some family in the states and when she got to the airport she was detained by British immigration, who held her for a while and sent her home they stamped her passport stating she was refused entry, so back home in the states she got some of her family to help her out and she got a new passport, but we knew if they scanned her passport, immigration would find out what had happened, we were devastated to learn she may have problems getting back into London, so when she tried to get back to London, we were a little sneaky and got her a flight to brussels and then got the eurostar into london waterloo, strangely enough she was ok, and didn't have any problems, but then in nov 2007 we decided to go away to finland for a skiing holiday and when we got back into London gatwick, she was found out and detained again and held over night, and eventually they decided she was to be sent on a flight home back to the states the next morning.

Her uncle in the fbi, managed to pull a few strings and get her back to london for 6 months but in the meantime she would make a proper application for a 5 year work/ highly skilled migrant visa for the u.k, she went back to the states a few ago before the 6 months ran out and we have just found out her application was denied due to her being detained twice in the u.k, and we are scared she may not even be able to fly back to london next week because of whats happened, can they stop her from coming back to visit me for a month or two even though her application was only denied? we are so totally lost and scared about the lack of support and avenues we could try, we are both gay, female and do not have much rights, is our case a lost cause? or is there still hope?
All we want is to be together, but we are forced to be apart, can anyone advise me on anything we could try?? we are even considering moving to dublin, ireland, do you think she would be ok applying there? or would it be the same problems? or is moving somewhere else a better option if none at all??
thanks for reading this x :cry:

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:48 pm

consult a solicitor....

but getting detained twice is very very serious .......

pookie
Newly Registered

Post by pookie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:55 pm

thank you, thats exactly what we are doing at the moment, i think it is the only option at this point!! :cry:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:18 pm

why are you double posting this issue?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:44 pm

we were a little sneaky and got her a flight to brussels and then got the eurostar into london
You sly devil. Good luck explaining why you did that in a way that doesnt look like you were trying to doge the immigration authorities!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:50 pm

niw2 wrote:
we were a little sneaky and got her a flight to brussels and then got the eurostar into london
You sly devil. Good luck explaining why you did that in a way that doesnt look like you were trying to doge the immigration authorities!
The chocolate?No it was for the mussel dinner, yeah that's the ticket.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT ADVISE NEEDED RE:REFUSED ENTRY INTO U.K

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

pookie wrote:Hi everyone

Her uncle in the fbi, managed to pull a few strings and get her back to london for 6 months
Wow :shock: My thoughts that UK was a country of Law have been shattered. My naivety though

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Another "oh wow is me" US cit getting caught out. Why do US cits think they have anymore right to come to the UK than the rest of the world? If it is the other way round Mr. UK cit is out the country faster than a burger down a Texan's neck - appeal - what appeal? No Human Rights to worry about in the USA……

As for getting a future visa little or no hope I am afraid. As your friend has been finger printed no matter what she does with her passport she will show up like a beacon. Don't you just love biometrics?

As they say played the game, won a hand or two but the odds are always stacked in favour of the house.

Soko_Mukanya
Newly Registered

Post by Soko_Mukanya » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:35 pm

I concur with you, Frontier Mole.

Another arrogant American who thinks they can run roughshod over everyone and deserves special treatment. And the downside is that its people like her who spoil it for the rest of us law-abiding immigrants.
Frontier Mole wrote:Another "oh wow is me" US cit getting caught out. Why do US cits think they have anymore right to come to the UK than the rest of the world? If it is the other way round Mr. UK cit is out the country faster than a burger down a Texan's neck - appeal - what appeal? No Human Rights to worry about in the USA……

As for getting a future visa little or no hope I am afraid. As your friend has been finger printed no matter what she does with her passport she will show up like a beacon. Don't you just love biometrics?

As they say played the game, won a hand or two but the odds are always stacked in favour of the house.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 pm

1. You cant blame this on them being Americans. People of all cultures find ways to dodge Immigration officials for various reasons. Keep your latent Anti-American sentiments to yourselves.

2. Theyre entitled to ask questions about their visa and immigration options. Thats what the forum is here for.
Last edited by niw2 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Gee whizz Elmore you would think they were more grateful we won the war for them......

Yes I accept many people use various improper means to gain entry. There is a vast difference between a desperate asylum seeker and a loved up student.

I am amazed how anyone can say what this individual has done is remotely acceptable.

The FBI story is pretty poor but let’s go along with it. She used US Government resources to come and visit her female partner. How tolerant is your average right of centre American taxpayer going to be if they knew their hard earned tax dollar was being used for this? Not at all I would suggest.

As for skipping past the Eurostar Border Control with her nice blue passport, she was lucky.

Obviously she is either dumb or arrogant enough to think "I managed it once I can do it again." What happened after that she totally deserved. Finnished off the trip nicely you might say......

What is surprising is the fact that Miss American Pie thinks she can return to her partner on a Tier 1 application. It was refused on very good grounds; no matter how good a lawyer is employed it will not stand a hope in hell of getting allowed at appeal.

So then we have "oh my good gosh they won't let me back in! Me a graduate an’ all" - with her immigration history is it really that surprising??

Missing the date on the student visa by a couple of days - yip I can see that happening. BUT the problem is the action taken suggests she missed the visa end date by a few weeks or months more like.
Getting back into the UK through the back door very lucky - not UKBA's finest moment.
Trying your luck on a suspect passport - now that is just extracting the urine.
Thinking you can return on a Tier 1 after two enforced removals from the UK- that puts Homer Simpson in the genius category!
As for another visitor trip to the UK - now we really are a few sandwiches short in the picnic box.

Feel free to point me to another nation that thinks immigration controls somehow do not pertain to them as much as the US of A and I will reconsider my position.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:11 am

That a boy, now at least you have found valid reasons for criticising them. I share most of your sentiments re people who flaunt immigration policies then express shock when it comes back to bite them. I do not, however, share your stereotypres regarding Americans.
Frontier Mole wrote:Feel free to point me to another nation that thinks immigration controls somehow do not pertain to them as much as the US of A and I will reconsider my position.
How about you first point to some evidence that Americans are actually guilty of being anything before asking people to convince you that they are not.

Meanwhile, it is easy to imagine this same fact scenario playing out with two Australian lovers, two French lovers, or two German lovers. Do Germans have lovers? I suppose they must.

lilian
Newly Registered

Post by lilian » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 am

My suggestion is stop cheating, obey the law from now on. If you still try to come in from the back door, you'll find life is tougher and tougher.

Ask for help from a solicitor, if there's no hope, you can move to the state with your girlfriend, can't you?

Painful? You asked for it.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:21 pm

niw2 wrote:That a boy, now at least you have found valid reasons for criticising them. I share most of your sentiments re people who flaunt immigration policies then express shock when it comes back to bite them. I do not, however, share your stereotypes regarding Americans.
Frontier Mole wrote:Feel free to point me to another nation that thinks immigration controls somehow do not pertain to them as much as the US of A and I will reconsider my position.
How about you first point to some evidence that Americans are actually guilty of being anything before asking people to convince you that they are not.
I have the pleasure of dealing with a good number of US idiots that think the UK is an open border for them and can not get it into their little heads that they are not allowed to do as they please. By the time they see me they have already broken the rules! Then there are the ones that post on here. "Why can't I work, study, get married, stay as long as I like etc etc" It is a shock for them to find out although they get a very free passage into the UK that once they are here they can't do all of the above without authority!
I am not saying that as a general point that this is representative of all USA people BUT there are a hell on lot that truly believe because they get in without much problem there is no problem doing whatever they want in the UK. Once they hit that brick wall they wail.... I am from the USA why can't I do etc etc.....

I have helped a few USA people on the site who have not wailed. Those that have accepted there is a right way of going about it rather than shout from the roof tops about the injustice of not being allowed to do what they want without regulation or authority.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:24 pm

pookie

Why don't you look into the civil partner visa or proposed civil partner visa.
we are both gay, female and do not have much rights
With respect, your sexuality is irrelevant to this refusal. She applied to come to the UK on a work based route, not as your partner. The UK immigration rules do not differentiate between same or opposite s ex couples, apart from the marriage/civil partnership route which has the same conditions in any case. The USA is another story however........

Being bounced twice pretty much rules out just flying to the UK and being able to get in.

Frontier Mole, I too have had experience with many US citizens shocked and enraged that the immigration rules apply to them just as they do to Indians or Nigerians, for example, and that WWII is actually irrelevant!

I do not think it is fair to tar every US citizen with the same brush, we don't know her partner's attitude the situation. You never know, she could be contrite and wanting to sort this out properly, accepting that she broke the law in the past and has been lucky to get this far.

pookie, you have many options, as I am sure your solicitor will explain.

Regards