ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport and documents sent while I'm away

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cc_rock
Newly Registered
Italy

British passport and documents sent while I'm away

Post by cc_rock » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am

Hi all,
I applied for a first British passport (after naturalisation) a few weeks ago and based on the timelines posted by other people I was expecting to have it by now, but for some reason it's getting delayed..
I want to travel back to Italy and I am now thinking to take the risk and use my national ID card (the guidance says I can still use it to enter the UK until October 2021).
The issue is, though, that probably my passport and supporting documents will be sent back to me while I am away and I won't be able to collect them.. does anybody know what happens in that case and how long will the courier keep them before sending them back? The DHL site says they would keep the passport for up to 30 days (which would be more than enough for me to come back and collect it) but doesn't say anything for the documents.. I have chosen the "secure delivery" option so I think they would be sent with DHL too ..
anyone has any info or advice?
Thank you very much

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British passport and documents sent while I'm away

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:05 pm

You will need to contact TNT. It can take 3-6 weeks for the passport and documents to be returned.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.