ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee form picture

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Referee form picture

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:41 am

Hi members,
I got my ILR last month and my son was born in the UK before ILR so we can register him as a British Citizen.
As part of the application, we need to get 2 referees for him.
On the referee form it says: "On the back of the applicant’s photograph, please write their full name and date of birth. The photograph should then be glued into the space aside."
My question is, instead of a physical photo, can we just paste his photo digitally on the form, print it out, hand it to the referees so they can assess a 'true likeness' and then scan and upload the signed form with the application?
Can anyone confirm if it's okay or share their experience if they have done this with their application?
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee form picture

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 am

You need to paste a physical photo on the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi again, the GP surgery has finally provided me with the signed referee form and the details needed to fill in the referee details on the application form for my son. Everything seems to be in order but on the question of "Address", the nurse has provided Surgery address, reason being they are not allowed to provide their personal address for GDPR reasons and surgery policy. On the follow-up question, "Have they lived at this address for more than 3 years?" she said N/A, but on the application I can only choose "Yes" or "No". I have checked with the admin at the surgery and the nurse has been working there for over 3 years.
Shall I just say "Yes" to the question and explain in the last section (Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen?) about surgery policy, I am thinking writing something like the following:

"For referee 2, GP surgery have said they can't provide the personal address of staff as it is their policy in line with GDPR, hence the practice nurse (Ms XY) has provided us with the surgery address. Please feel free to contact Ms XY if you need any further information. Thank you."

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:02 pm

Hi, can someone please advise on above?