ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise on British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a4asif1
Newly Registered

Advise on British Citizenship

Post by a4asif1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi Everyone

Can some one please help and advise me what to do.

I got my British passport in 2016.
My wife completed 5 years on 6/01/2021 on spouse visa.
We submitted ILR application on 12th Dec 2020, and She got her ILR on 3/6/2021 . ILR BRP shows issue date 3/06/2021 while her spouse visa expired on 06/01/2021.

My question is when she can apply for Naturalization
Can she apply straightaway now as i got British citizenship according to this https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship?
If not, does she need to wait for 12 months starting from the date when ILR issued or from when spouse visa expired 06/01/2021.

Please advise.

regards,
Asif

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Advise on British Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Your wife can apply for naturalisation without waiting 12 months, as spouse of a British citizen as long as she satisfies all the requirements (absences, good character, etc). I believe the ILR BRP card is required so once received then she can proceed with the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.