ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering a EU child as British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Judeu
Cuba

Registering a EU child as British citizen

Post by Judeu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Hi, dear participants and gurus!
I will register my teenager son as British citizen, but I would like to know if it's mandatory to translate his birthday certificate, which is written in a Portuguese, into English. Thanks in advance.
Any advice and experience is much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Registering a EU child as British citizen

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:03 am

The UKVI requires a fully-certified original translation for each document you provide that is not in English or Welsh. If you are making an application in the UK the translation must: be made by a professional translator or translation company. include details of the translator or translation company credentials.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Judeu
Cuba

Re: Registering a EU child as British citizen

Post by Judeu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:07 am

Thanks for your prompt response; I thought so. May Lord bless you.