ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born Outside UK to British Father

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helios3
United Kingdom

Child Born Outside UK to British Father

Post by helios3 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi Admins,

My Child is born outside UK in May 2021 where as I became British Citizen by naturalization in March 2021 and received my British Passport in April 2021. So:
  • Is my child eligible for British Citizenship because I am British National?
  • If yes then can anyone share the link on how to apply for British passport for the child from abroad?
  • what documents are required?
  • OR can I apply for an emergency travel document for my child to travel to UK and then apply British Passport from there?
Please advise. Regards

secret.simon

Re: Child Born Outside UK to British Father

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

helios3 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:11 pm
Is my child eligible for British Citizenship because I am British National?
As your child was born after your naturalisation, the child is a British citizen by descent automatically.
helios3 wrote:
If yes then can anyone share the link on how to apply for British passport for the child from abroad?
Overseas passports.
helios3 wrote:
what documents are required?
Your naturalisation certificate, the child's birth certificate, referee form, etc.
helios3 wrote:
OR can I apply for an emergency travel document for my child to travel to UK and then apply British Passport from there?
No. An Emergency Travel Document is only issued to people who have already held a British passport at some time in the past.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Thank you Simon.

Your naturalisation certificate, the child's birth certificate, referee form, etc.

Do I need my original naturalization Certificate or an online copy will suffice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 pm

For passport applications, you need to submit originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks CR001

So I am in the UK and my child n my wife are in Pakistan.

I understand that they have to apply from Pakistan but can I submit the supporting documents (my naturalization certificate etc) from UK? I have a plan to travel to Pakistan so should I take my documents along and submit it in Pakistan together with Child's Passport application?

which way would be faster? What do you recommend? Thanks