ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk visitor visa for 80yo grandmother from pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Uk visitor visa for 80yo grandmother from pakistan

Post by Gunner786 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:32 pm

Hi, my maternal grandmother is 80 years old in pakistan and she has 6 children here in the uk. We would like to sponsor her for a visit visa to meet everyone here.
What will the chances be? Can only her kids sponsor her or can her grandkids sponsor her aswell all have reputable jobs like chartered accountants & Airport security manager etc.
What could the home office refuse on? Any advice?
She has been here previously on 2 occasions one in the 90's and once in the 2000's.
We have heard people who have previously been here get refused due to not strong enough links to go bsck to pakistan.

secret.simon

Re: Uk visitor visa for 80yo grandmother from pakistan

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:32 pm
What could the home office refuse on?
The question that with so much of her family in the UK and considering her age, will she leave the UK at the end of her visit?

She will need to prove that she has stronger ties to her country of habitual residence than she has to the UK. And given how much of her family is in the UK, she will need to prove some very strong links to Pakistan.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.