ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Returning to UK. Problems at Airport?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram11
Newly Registered

Student Returning to UK. Problems at Airport?

Post by ram11 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:24 pm

I am a Masters Student awaiting my results in December 2008. I am planning to return to India next week and come back to UK during the second week of December 2008. One of the important concern which prompted me to post this is whether I will face any problems at the airport when I return back to UK on 12th of December as my student visa is valid only until 10th of January. I have been warned by many of my fellow students and friends against going to my home country at this juncture due to this, but I have to go along with my parents, as my mother is ill.

I was contemplating applying for the Post Study Work visa from my home country, but had to decide against it as I need to show £2600 as maintenance funds while applying from my home country against £800 while applying from UK.

Looking forward to your reply as early as possible.

Thanks
Ramesh

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 am

[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/borderforce/categoriesofpassenger/leavetoenterstudents.pdf]Leave to enter students[/url](4. Refusal of leave to enter) wrote:In the case of a person who returns from a short absence abroad within a period for which he was previously given leave, again the refusal can only be considered under Paragraph 321A but reference should also be made to the section regarding ‘Continuing Leave’ here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 am

Vinny,
I have got a related query. On arrival, could the immigration officer ask him to produce the evidence of him still being a student? (like letter from Uni etc).

Please advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Yes. The Immigration Officer may ask. It would be useful to have a letter from the College.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

opoopo
Newly Registered

Post by opoopo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi,
I went back home on April and came back on June.I had my visa until August end.Me too waited for my result.But shown my college id and then my college letter by stated like completed my research and waiting for my results and further for my graduation.

The questions asked by an immigration officer are as below mentioned,

1)When did you gone back why?

Strong reason i had,i told as for sister marriage

2)What for you are coming here,letter says you completed your course?
I am waiting for my result and I have to attend my university graduation told an approximate date before of August.

3)You have two months to go for your graduation what you will do in that period?

I will enjoy visiting places in UK.

4)What course you did here?MBA finance

5)what it is about?I stated little bit about finance

6)What you will do further?
After graduation i will go back to my home country and then I will find good job over there.

7)Do you think the qualification is worth to get a job?
Yes

Hope It will help you a little bit.

Have a college letter about your present situation as you waiting for your result.Importantly tell as my dream to attend my university graduation and strongly tell like you will go back to your country after the program.

Ramesh