ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of fee being revised?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Chances of fee being revised?

Post by Fatimajafri » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:51 pm

I am following the court rulings about unlawful fees for children's citizenship application. The latest hearing was on 22-23rd June but Supreme Court is yet to announce the decision. I have to file applications for 3 of my kids. Is it worth waiting for a few days or can it take long? Any ideas?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Chances of fee being revised?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Last time I heard about an earlier case and the Home Office are supposed to be reviewing their guidance and fees. Quite a few weeks ago - unfortunately no further information. Note that even if the case goes against the Home Office fees will not immediately change, also it is not clear that fees would reduce across all the various options that are available for child registration (MN1). If you are in a hurry then you don't have a choice ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.