ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Status

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa Status

Post by zaman246 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:24 am

Hi,

I emailed UKVI to check on the status of my wife’s Spouse Visa application and they advised that the application was decided on 24th June.

I was wondering once the application is decided how long does it normally take from this point for them to contact about passport collection?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone has any information on this.

Thank you.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa Status

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:04 am

It could be any moment from now sometimes it can take upto couple of weeks. I would suggest that you should allow more time and be patient.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Kashi785
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kashi785 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am

zaman246 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:24 am
Hi,

I emailed UKVI to check on the status of my wife’s Spouse Visa application and they advised that the application was decided on 24th June.

I was wondering once the application is decided how long does it normally take from this point for them to contact about passport collection?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone has any
information on this.

Thank you.

May I ask when u applied, how many working days and was it priority, also when did you receive the email of application received at uk decision making centre

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaman246 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:23 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:04 am
It could be any moment from now sometimes it can take upto couple of weeks. I would suggest that you should allow more time and be patient.
Ah okay that’s fine then, was just getting worried as there has not been any official email or contact as of yet. Hopefully it will be confirmed soon :)

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaman246 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Kashi785 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am
zaman246 wrote:
Hi,

information on this.

Thank you.

May I ask when u applied, how many working days and was it priority, also when did you receive the email of application received at uk decision making centre
I submitted the application on 28th April, Biometrics appointment was on 17th May. It wasn’t priority as the option wasn’t available I’m assuming because of Covid.

I received the email of the application being received at the UK decision making centre on 23rd May. However I received an email after that on 2nd June which said the uploaded documents weren’t visible to them and that I need to resubmit.

I took the documents to Birmingham to be rescanned on 7th June. On 24th June it seems as though the decision was made so now just waiting on them to officially let me know.

I hope this helps.

hartleman
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hartleman » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:15 pm

zaman246 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 pm
Kashi785 wrote:
zaman246 wrote:
Hi,

information on this.

Thank you.

I submitted the application on 28th April, Biometrics appointment was on 17th May. It wasn’t priority as the option wasn’t available I’m assuming because of Covid.

I received the email of the application being received at the UK decision making centre on 23rd May. However I received an email after that on 2nd June which said the uploaded documents weren’t visible to them and that I need to resubmit.

I took the documents to Birmingham to be rescanned on 7th June. On 24th June it seems as though the decision was made so now just waiting on them to officially let me know.

I hope this helps.
you got a very quick decision, my application is 75 working days today counting.. with no decision yet. the last time I heard from UKVI was two weeks ago for top-up IHS fee.

Looking forward to hear good news from you soon

which email did you used for the checking of your visa status

zaman246
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaman246 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:28 am

hartleman wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:15 pm
zaman246 wrote:
Kashi785 wrote:
zaman246 wrote:
Hi,

information on this.

Thank you.

I hope this helps.
you got a very quick decision, my application is 75 working days today counting.. with no decision yet. the last time I heard from UKVI was two weeks ago for top-up IHS fee.

Oh no, sorry for your application taking so long. I contacted them via email through the gov.uk website. They charge £2.74 to send the email. Alternatively you can call them which costs 69p per minute. You can use the link below to see the options.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

I hope you get some good news soon.

Ali_s
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ali_s » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:41 am

hartleman wrote:
zaman246 wrote:
Kashi785 wrote:
zaman246 wrote:
Hi,

information on this.

Thank you.

I hope this helps.

Hi

I have done my biometrics on 26/03/21 and got an email on 02/04/21 for IHS top up which i paid, but since after two paid emails my case is still open. I have escalated my case.
Did you hear anything after top up?

Ali_s
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ali_s » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:42 am

hartleman wrote:
zaman246 wrote:
Kashi785 wrote:
zaman246 wrote:
Hi,

information on this.

Thank you.

I hope this helps.

Hi

I have done my biometrics on 26/03/21 and got an email on 02/04/21 for IHS top up which i paid, but since after two paid emails for enquiry my case is still open. I have escalated my case.
Did you hear anything after top up?