ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what implication to my visa with 3 months notice from the employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hw620
China

what implication to my visa with 3 months notice from the employer

Post by hw620 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Hi all

My company is making redundancy and I received 3 months notice from the company today.
If my employer notifies the home office (e.g.) on 2nd July, will the immigration team send me the visa curtailment letter after my notice period or from 2nd July?

Thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what implication to my visa with 3 months notice from the employer

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Your sponsor only has to inform UKVI within 10 days AFTER your last actual date in/of employment. They don't notify UKVI when you are given notice.

Curtailment letters are sent after this and can take a while to get sent out
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hw620
China

Post by hw620 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:07 pm
Your sponsor only has to inform UKVI within 10 days AFTER your last actual date in/of employment. They don't notify UKVI when you are given notice.

Thank you for your information, CR001.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:56 am

I remember you applied for a Skilled Work visa in late April, like two months ago, and you were made redundant already? :shock:

The notice period is irrelevant in terms of curtailment letter. Nobody can say when someone will receive a curtailment letter after employer notifies HO, this time is completely unpredictable.

I would say don't think too much about that and start applying for jobs now.

hw620
China

Post by hw620 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi CR001, May I ask if my employer didn't notify the UKIV that I finished the contract with them after my notice period, is there any problem with my new skilled worker visa? Or do I need to them the employer to do it or I need to notify UKVI myself that I left the company?
thank you for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 am

I believe CR001 is correct. It’s the employer’s duty to report an employee’s dismissal within 10 working days under C1.12
if a sponsored worker’s contract of employment or contract for services, or any relevant professional registration ends earlier than shown on their CoS – for example, if the worker resigns or is dismissed
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hw620
China

Post by hw620 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:44 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 am
I believe CR001 is correct. It’s the employer’s duty to report an employee’s dismissal within 10 working days under C1.12
if a sponsored worker’s contract of employment or contract for services, or any relevant professional registration ends earlier than shown on their CoS – for example, if the worker resigns or is dismissed
Thank you, Vinny. I understood it's the employer's duty. Just think they may not realise this duty, do I need to notify them to do this?