ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension after 2.5 years-15 months delay in processing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension after 2.5 years-15 months delay in processing

Post by Poppy2020 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi
My husband came here on a spouse visa in July 2017 and applied for his extension after 2.5 years in March 2020. He applied in good time and submitted everything correctly. We have a little boy nearly 2 years old

We didn't hear anything for months and eventually we got called for an interview in January 2021. The reason was that my husband had worked in a different city so they wanted to ensure we are still a married couple which we are and happy together.

After the interview though we still have not heard anything and that was January 2021 and my husband is still waiting for his Biometric card. Thus is causing such stress and anxiety because for months my husband has applied for jobs in home city and has got jobs but they need to see his new card before starting work which he is still waiting for.

It is effecting our life as he needs to be home as we need to share childcare between our jobs and we cannot make any plans.

He only took the job in the other city as an opportunity had come and he took it to have money coming in and gain work experience here in the UK. He came home every week so it did not mean we are not a couple. People work in different cities all the time but doesn't mean they are no longer a proper couple.

Surely this is not fair to be treated like this.

Has anyone else had any similar delay.
Any advice or guidance or who we can call would be helpful
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension after 2.5 years-15 months delay in processing

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:51 pm
Hi
My husband came here on a spouse visa in July 2017 and applied for his extension after 2.5 years in March 2020. He applied in good time and submitted everything correctly. We have a little boy nearly 2 years old

We didn't hear anything for months and eventually we got called for an interview in January 2021. The reason was that my husband had worked in a different city so they wanted to ensure we are still a married couple which we are and happy together.

After the interview though we still have not heard anything and that was January 2021 and my husband is still waiting for his Biometric card. Thus is causing such stress and anxiety because for months my husband has applied for jobs in home city and has got jobs but they need to see his new card before starting work which he is still waiting for.

It is effecting our life as he needs to be home as we need to share childcare between our jobs and we cannot make any plans.

He only took the job in the other city as an opportunity had come and he took it to have money coming in and gain work experience here in the UK. He came home every week so it did not mean we are not a couple. People work in different cities all the time but doesn't mean they are no longer a proper couple.

Surely this is not fair to be treated like this.

Has anyone else had any similar delay.
Any advice or guidance or who we can call would be helpful
Thanks
Contact the HO for update on the progress of your application.
Involve your MP to use his or her express channel to enquire on your behalf.

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi
I have involved MP but even she seems to be not getting anywhere-she has been writing to a minister too but only been told it is being looked at and in final stages that was about 8 weeks ago.

We don't have a number for Home office.
Thnks for reply

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:57 am

Hi
Is there a number that anyone knows we can call where we actually get to speak to someone?

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:40 am

Hi
Would it be worth getting the help of a solicitor to speed this up. We cannot make any plans, cannot travel or do anything without my husband getting his renewed card

Any advice?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:40 am
Hi
Would it be worth getting the help of a solicitor to speed this up. We cannot make any plans, cannot travel or do anything without my husband getting his renewed card

Any advice?
IMHO, engaging solicitor at this point is a waste with reference to what your MP was told.
If sham marriage was suspected and interview to clear this doubt done already then leaning more on MP should be tried as was told in final stages about 12wks ago.
Such a shame at the extended delay.