ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR Request

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

netacct

SAR Request

Post by netacct » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm

I sent three SAR request in total to Home Office requesting details like when my previous Work Permits were applied and canceled and flight in/out details. What I received on all the occasions was my HSMP application details which I already have. What a waste.

Has anyone ever successfully managed to Work Permit related details like when it was canceled and dates when you were outside UK?

I am just trying to get as much info as possible for my ILR eligibility thing.

republique
BANNED

Re: SAR Request

Post by republique » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:32 pm

netacct wrote:I sent three SAR request in total to Home Office requesting details like when my previous Work Permits were applied and canceled and flight in/out details. What I received on all the occasions was my HSMP application details which I already have. What a waste.

Has anyone ever successfully managed to Work Permit related details like when it was canceled and dates when you were outside UK?

I am just trying to get as much info as possible for my ILR eligibility thing.
If you gave them the correct passport number associated with the work permit, they can track it down. And i had to make them do it again in terms of getting the full information, mind you, if you make them figure it out, then the records will be available to the HO when they make your review of you for future permits so think about it? if they seem inept in finding it, then that is less info the HO has on you.

netacct

Post by netacct » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm

I did not send them any copies of any documents.
But I gave them everything like Passport no, home office ref no, Work Permit no etc etc. But today I again got the same HSMP application form details which we send them. It is just frustating. :x

snow

Hi

Post by snow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi

Can we ask for SAR file when the case is in processing with HO.

Thank You.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:32 pm

You can ask for SAR at any time. However if your file is queued waiting action it will not give anymore information than at the point of application.
If by some stroke of luck you SAR at the point where something is happening with your file it will slow down the processing.

A lose lose situation really.

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:39 pm

SAR File has nothing but hsmp details etc
They did not send me any Landing card info or any other details like The days I Left the country or came in to the country
ONLY DATE OF ENTRY AND HSMP DETAILS
IT IS NO USE

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am

Does SAR file contain when you left country and came back, which Visa did you use. As I have been out, I had to switch to student visa, went back home country, came back (the new student visa has stamp on it) but my previous work permit visa was valid for another 9 months. I came back and worked on the work permit visa before going to School.
Let me know what do you guys think.
Thanks
S