ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC marrying an Indian girl abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navinw

BC marrying an Indian girl abroad

Post by navinw » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:14 am

Hi
Can someone suggest, advice or share the experience

I m British citizen and would like to marry an Indian girl and she has one daughter who is 16 years old.
What’s the best option to get marry & get both of them to uk ?

1. Get married in India and get dependent visa for wife?
— If not, which visa I can apply for wife and daughter?
— how easy or difficult is the process getting them to Uk ?

2. Call them to uk on marriage visa
A) what visa the daughter(wife daughter in India ) will apply ?
B) Is it easy process or time consuming ?

Could anyone plz help

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BC marrying an Indian girl abroad

Post by Edwardo » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am

I am only offering an opinion as I am not a legal expert but my worry for you would be marrying her in India and then rushing back to file for a spouse visa will be seen as not enough proof of a serious relationship.

If you take a step back and look at it objectively, it does indeed appear that way.

If you stay with her in India for (quite) some time, this will strengthen your application.

It is tough as the spouse visa is not really one you can just apply for and take the hit if it fails - not only will you lose the visa fee it then has it on record you made an application that failed, so any next one is certain to be fine-tooth combed and certainly needing to address fully the reason(s) for denial.

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:46 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am
I am only offering an opinion as I am not a legal expert but my worry for you would be marrying her in India and then rushing back to file for a spouse visa will be seen as not enough proof of a serious relationship.

If you take a step back and look at it objectively, it does indeed appear that way.

If you stay with her in India for (quite) some time, this will strengthen your application.

It is tough as the spouse visa is not really one you can just apply for and take the hit if it fails - not only will you lose the visa fee it then has it on record you made an application that failed, so any next one is certain to be fine-tooth combed and certainly needing to address fully the reason(s) for denial.
got you. make sense.
So does the 2nd option suits, any suggestion?
Come on marriage visa and then get married and then go back ....?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:53 pm

I think you would be very unlikely to get a Marriage Visitor Visa for your fiance, due the fact that the HO will see her as a flight risk, unless she has a lot to go home for, and I would bet that if you apply for a visa for her daughter as well, then you are 100% sure not to get either.

Her reason to return has to be very strong, as well as proof that you are in a true relationship.