ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving why you can't continue family life in a 3rd country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LovelyLady
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Proving why you can't continue family life in a 3rd country

Post by LovelyLady » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi all,

If a spousal/partner visa is refused and you are able to demonstrate there would be insurmountable obstacles to continuing family life in the applicants country (security problems, medical issues, gender discrimination etc), will the Home Office ask you to prove there would be insurmountable obstacles to continuing family life in a 3rd country, for example an EU country if the applicant's UK based partner is an EU citizen (with Settled Status in the UK)?

Would it not be enough to say that it would be unreasonable to ask the applicants partner (and child) to leave her job and apartment and life in the UK and relocate to her country of origin alone where she has no job or accommodation and then try to apply for a visa for her partner? Surely this would be unreasonable as there is no guarantee that the partner would get a visa to that country?

Does anyone have any experience re this?

checksout
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Proving why you can't continue family life in a 3rd country

Post by checksout » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 am

This is the second question that angers me the most every time I fill the form (the first is, "what will you do if we refuse you the visa?").

I'd say don't worry too much about this one. Be truthful and base it on what you have said above without adding details that can be proven false. Ideally, to say "me and my partner simply don't want to destroy the life we're building here and move to another country" should be enough but try to make sure they're satisfied with your answer.