ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abzkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

naturalisation Application

Post by abzkhan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am

hi gurus,

i have applied for naturalisation application on 21 march 2021 and bio matric done on 25 march 2021. But i am still waiting for decision. unfortunately i need to go to home country and my country is in the red list. i know i can travel because i have the brp. my question is if i am away and if i will receive the decision in my absence. and it could be possible i will be stuck over there. is home office will cancel my brp? what you suggest? shall i go to home country? what will be the process after getting the naturalisation certificate? do i have enough time to come back?

thanks alot

secret.simon

Re: naturalisation Application

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:43 am

abzkhan wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am
is home office will cancel my brp?
Unlikely.
abzkhan wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am
what will be the process after getting the naturalisation certificate?
You will not get the naturalisation certificate from the Home Office directly anyway.

After you get the decision letter from the Home Office, you will have 21 days to book your citizenship ceremony with your local council in the UK and then attend the citizenship ceremony at the local council in the UK within six months. Only then will you receive the naturalisation certificate.

In simple terms, to receive the naturalisation certificate, you already need to be in the UK and will not receive it abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

abzkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: naturalisation Application

Post by abzkhan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:32 am

thanks alot. God bless you.