ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Informing HMPO of other passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rocky101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Informing HMPO of other passports

Post by Rocky101 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am looking at renewing my British passport, however I need my other passport (Ireland) to go away next month. I did not have the Irish passport last time I applied for the British passport, so they are not aware I hold this.
Do I have to tell HMPO re the other passport, and would they be able to find out if I don't tell them? What would be the impact if I don't tell them?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Informing HMPO of other passports

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Why not wait until you come back to the UK?
I am not familiar though whether your other passport(s) are required for a renewal - if you do need to submit your other passport with the application you should do so as it's an official requirement. You only tell HMPO when you make an application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.