ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelled outside UK in between jobs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vengaishiva
Newly Registered

Travelled outside UK in between jobs

Post by vengaishiva » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:16 am

Hello all,

I am on Tier-2 General visa and I lost my job on April 30, 2018. I found another employer who sponsored me. I applied for visa on May 20, 2018 (20 days after I lost my job). BRP for the new employer has arrived with the start date of 08-June-2018. However due to personal reasons I had to travel outside UK on 09-June-2018 (a day after I received new BRP from my new employer). I came back to the UK on 22-June-2018 and joined the new employer on 23-June-2018.

Timeline:

30-April-2018 - Lost job while on Tier-2 general visa
20-May-2018 - Applied for new BRP with the CoS from my new employer
08-June-2018 - New BRP arrived with the start date set to 08-June-2018. However I did not start working for this employer in this date
09-June-2018 - Travelled outside the UK
22-June-2018 - Returned back to the UK
23-June-2018 - Joined the new employer

My question is,
1) Did I break the continuous period when I travelled outside the UK with the new BRP (technically I have not started the new job).
2) If I have not broke the continuous residence, how can I report this gap when applying for ILR? Since I have not started the new job, my employer cannot provide a letter supporting my absence in the UK.

Please help.

Thanks,
Siva

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travelled outside UK in between jobs

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 pm

No you did not. You do not need to explain gaps between roles
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vengaishiva
Newly Registered

Post by vengaishiva » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Thank you very much for your response. Much appreciated :D
When we apply for ILR, in the documents to be submitted, we need to send documents relating to periods of absence. Usually we get it from our employer if it is a part of annual leave. Since this is not a part of annual leave, how can I account for this absence of 13 days?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 pm
No you did not. You do not need to explain gaps between roles
????
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice