ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update on EC from LA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deborahCO

Update on EC from LA

Post by deborahCO » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:56 pm

Just spoke with a consular officer at the consulate in Los Angeles. She said - YES, it is possible to ask for a post-dated EC. She said to put your request in a covering letter and HIGHLIGHT the date you want the EC to begin, but no more than 3 months from the date of application.

The recording giving the requirements of EC application also said to include a $16 return handling fee, rather than the $12 that's posted on the website.

Other requirements:

1. Completed VAF1 form;
2. Current + former passport(s);
3. Proof of immigration status for non-US citizens;
4. 2 photos (said could be color or black & white);
5. Proof of round-trip or onward air to/from UK (said flight schedules OK);
6. $150 HSMP fee + $16 FedEx overnight delivery return fee;
7. Proof of funds to support yourself (i.e., bank statement);
8. Letter from employer (assume this will be HSMP approval letter);
9. Proof of accommodation (hotel reservation or letter from friend/family);
10. Daytime telephone number.

The recording also said to provide originals + copies of all documents submitted.

The current processing time was 5 business days from receipt of application.

Best of luck to everyone! :D

Sher

Post by Sher » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:56 pm

Please do update us on the acquisition of the post dated EC.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

sentient
Newly Registered

Post by sentient » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:07 am

These sound like the requirements for a visitor visa (round trip ticket, letter from employer, proof of hotel accommodation). You should call again and make it clear you want an HSMP EC.

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:47 pm

She knew it was an HSMP EC, but she just plugged me into a standard recording after answering my question about the post-dating. I went ahead and sent all the information requested after completing the online application. FedEx'd everything yesterday for overnight delivery. I'll post on the progress & results as they come along. Requested post-dating to 1 June 2005, so we'll see what happens.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:10 pm

indeed i agree with sentient on point 5. a return ticket shouldn't apply in this case :?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:03 pm

True, but in my case the r/t was cheaper than a o/w so I had it anyway.

I'm sure some of the points probably aren't required, but I thought I'd pass along the info that was given to me. I see repeated questions concerning EC documentation on these boards, and figured I'd try to help out in sharing the info they gave me upon enquiry.

deborahCO

UPDATE

Post by deborahCO » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:53 pm

Just to post a quick update - received EC from LA consultate last week. They did honor the post-dating request and put the entry date as 01/06/05. No questions asked. Docs returned included only my former & current passport, original HSMP approval letter and my original letter to the LA consulate re: EC application. Turn-around time was less than one week. Charge = $162 ($150 fee + $12 return delivery via FedEx 2nd day)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:04 pm

Congrats Deborah, guess you can start packing your bags now. Good to hear also that they honoured your request for EC

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:42 pm

Thank you! :D Started packing - moving mid-June (soonest the pets can travel under DEFRA rules). I hope that the tips I've posted will help others, too!

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:30 pm

I applied just after DeborahCO, and received my EC back from LA in less than a week, postdated as I requested to start the day before my flight in May. I fedexed it to them last Tuesday after I completed the e-fastrack form and paid online. I received my passport and original documents back Friday.

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:15 am

Deborah, Congrats! A question though.

Why did you have to pay HSMP fee of $ 150 while doing EC? I am bit confused because, I have already paid HSMP fees of GBP 150 while applying. Do we need to pay $150 once again while doing EC? Or simply is it EC clearance fee??? Please clarify.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:17 am

taikoo wrote:Deborah, Congrats! A question though.

Why did you have to pay HSMP fee of $ 150 while doing EC? I am bit confused because, I have already paid HSMP fees of GBP 150 while applying. Do we need to pay $150 once again while doing EC? Or simply is it EC clearance fee??? Please clarify.
Entry clearance fee (£76) is different from the HSMP application fee (soon to be £315)
Where there is a will there is a way.

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:24 pm

taikoo wrote:Deborah, Congrats! A question though.

Exactly that - HSMP fee of L150, plus EC application fee of $150 for entry clearance.