ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension Checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR(M) Extension Checklist

Post by brenn » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:22 am

Hi everyone, I'm applying to extend my spouse visa in a month and have been relearning the process all over again (my previous application was postal) thanks to all your helpful comments on the forums. I'm not great at navigating here though so I apologise if I ask any questions that have been answered lots of times already. If you could have a look at my checklist and questions I would be really grateful!

---

Scans of our passports and my BRP: Do we need to scan every single page on our passports? (They are pretty much completely empty!) Is it necessary to show my old passports too (with my maiden name)?

Passport size photos of us both not sure if needed?

UK birth certificate of my husband

My master’s degree certificate

My police registration document

Letter of my National Insurance number

Our marriage certificate

Two separate letters of introduction from each of us

Proof of Income: We both earn over the minimum threshold and are employed for more than 1 year in the same companies, is it possible for me to show my income/job details or does it have to be the UK spouse to show these primarily?

My husband’s last 6 payslips + letter from employer (confirming payslips) + contract

His bank statements from the last 6 months: do we need to get these stamped and scanned?

List of correspondence: (all joint) Not sure if they need to be precisely 5 months apart?

Gas Bill - Mar 2019
Council Tax – Sep 2019
Water Bill – March 2020
Joint bank statement – Aug 2020
Council tax - March 2021
Joint bank statement - Aug 2021

Accommodation:
We were living in a rented flat when I first applied (Dec 2018) and received my spouse visa (in March 2019), then we bought our first home with mortgage 6 months after that, which is where we still live currently. Would we need to show our old tenancy agreement etc (again) from that previous flat to cover those approx. 6 months in 2019? We overstayed our 1 year tenancy agreement by 2 months so the contract won’t show the additional months.

The land registry doc we downloaded has a date (July) does this need to be closer to the date of my application (September)? Also it repeatedly says it is not an official copy, is this okay? Do we need to add our annual mortgage statements from the bank or any other docs for this?

Photos and screenshots of chats – just wanted to check that these aren’t necessary anymore?

---

I hope I've not written too long! Is there anything that I am missing or have got wrong?

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks so much again for your time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Extension Checklist

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:27 am

brenn wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:22 am
Hi everyone, I'm applying to extend my spouse visa in a month and have been relearning the process all over again (my previous application was postal) thanks to all your helpful comments on the forums. I'm not great at navigating here though so I apologise if I ask any questions that have been answered lots of times already. If you could have a look at my checklist and questions I would be really grateful!

---

Scans of our passports and my BRP: Do we need to scan every single page on our passports? (They are pretty much completely empty!) Is it necessary to show my old passports too (with my maiden name)? All pages of applicant. Bio page only of sponsor.

Passport size photos of us both not sure if needed? Not required.

UK birth certificate of my husband Not required.

My master’s degree certificate

My police registration document Why are you sending this??

Letter of my National Insurance number Not required.

Our marriage certificate

Two separate letters of introduction from each of us Not required.

Proof of Income: We both earn over the minimum threshold and are employed for more than 1 year in the same companies, is it possible for me to show my income/job details or does it have to be the UK spouse to show these primarily? You only need to show one if one person alone meets the financial requirements.

My husband’s last 6 payslips + letter from employer (confirming payslips) + contract Contract not required.

His bank statements from the last 6 months: do we need to get these stamped and scanned? No need to stamp.

List of correspondence: (all joint) Not sure if they need to be precisely 5 months apart? 3 to 4 months apart.

Gas Bill - Mar 2019
Council Tax – Sep 2019
Water Bill – March 2020
Joint bank statement – Aug 2020
Council tax - March 2021
Joint bank statement - Aug 2021

Accommodation:
We were living in a rented flat when I first applied (Dec 2018) and received my spouse visa (in March 2019), then we bought our first home with mortgage 6 months after that, which is where we still live currently. Would we need to show our old tenancy agreement etc (again) from that previous flat to cover those approx. 6 months in 2019? We overstayed our 1 year tenancy agreement by 2 months so the contract won’t show the additional months. The two months doesn't matter.

The land registry doc we downloaded has a date (July) does this need to be closer to the date of my application (September)? Also it repeatedly says it is not an official copy, is this okay? Do we need to add our annual mortgage statements from the bank or any other docs for this? Fine.

Photos and screenshots of chats – just wanted to check that these aren’t necessary anymore? Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Extension Checklist

Post by brenn » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:04 pm

Thank you so much CR001!